Alice!!!

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Alice!!!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 am

hawkavonpuka wrote: RB, I didn't post this but one of the dogs, renamed Alice, fell down a 40 ft hole, probably an old irrigation thing. She is fine, not a scratch or limp, I swear she has springs in her feet I have seen her jump up in the air, all four feet way off the ground.

Oh my goodness - How on earth did you get the dog out of such a deep hole, Hawka?

We have a 90 foot well here, and have now covered it over with an African style "wishing well" cover, because I too was scared of this sort of thing happening :shock:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:31 am

We are bad, aren't we... :twisted:
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Rosaboobie wrote:
Oh my goodness - How on earth did you get the dog out of such a deep hole, Hawka?

We have a 90 foot well here, and have now covered it over with an African style "wishing well" cover, because I too was scared of this sort of thing happening :shock:

My son and grandson were the ones out there, lucky close to home so grandson brought the rest of the dogs home, got grandpa and ropes. Grandpa went down the hole with ropes on, fastened Alice in a harness, they pulled her up, then back went the rope for him. They pulled him up with a lot of difficulty since the hole was about 5 x 8' at the bottom, then narrowed to the size of a large tire at the top, too wide too get his feet on the sides. My DIL and I were sitting here on pins and needles, lucky my daughter was at work and had no clue as she is the most paranoid of any of us. They stayed back to cover the hole and cleared the area and roped it off so hopefully nothing will happen there again. Problem is no body knows if there are more holes like this back there. The called the fire rescue, guess they only rescue animals on the TV shows, but we figured if husband got stuck down there, then they would come. What a day!
What kind of magic spell to use?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh my goodness - what a nightmare.

I dont cope well in situations like this where my pets are involved. Grandpa was the hero of the day :cheers:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

One of the problems with holes that deep is that sometimes there is a severe lack of oxygen down there. Normally, that's considered "confined space entry" and there are all kinds of procedures you are supposed to use to make sure no one gets down there and passes out and is unable to help themselves. Sounds like there was plenty of backup and help though.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

You are absolutely right about the lack of oxygen etc, Drac. So many well diggers here lost their lives that way. It must be THE most horrendous job to undertake - all done by hand here - I was terrified someone would die while our well was being dug out. Can you imagine working 90 feet down in the dark in a confined space of only about one metre in diameter? It doesnt bear thinking about.
Boobie
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:51 pm

OMG!!! This centipede makes the critter on The Hobbit look like nothing, my legs are about to wear out, but I will not give up!! I am playing on Easy mode, I just can't imagine what the others are like, shudder......................
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Isn't he horrible? I got him the last time I played on Hard!
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm

You brave soul you, which weapon did you use?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm

All of them if I remember correctly. I know I had to run in a hit him with something when he would rear up.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 pm

I found the movement hard too. Do you use keyboard or gamepads? I used keyboard and could never finish.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't think it would be possible to play this game with a keyboard. I play all my action games with a Cyber Snipa gamepad. Which is what they call it, but it's not actually a gamepad, it's a keyboard gampad. My left hand is permanently attached to mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:50 am

I use a gaming keyboard, looks sorta like the Snipa (have one of those too) attached to a regular keyboard. In this game you have to jump from the normal movement keys to the numbers to change weapons. I know there is a quick change of weapons button because I am accidentally hitting it so I gotta check that so I can stay with what I want. I have found the cards work best with the little things, but big guy just doesn't seem to be going down. If I could just get a good shot at that belly gross looking area. I wish there was one of those health bars for the monsters, at least you would know if you were getting anywhere. I will work on him later, town appt this am.

Merc Stealth keyboard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:24 pm

I couldn't handle it any longer so I copped out and used God Mode against the centipede, then turned it back off. I think my timing was off on hitting him in the belly, but now I am going into some sort of maze if I can get past these fire throwing guards. My hand needs a rest already, this game is going to make Fable look like a piece of cake, when I ever get back to it.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 pm

I used God Mode the first time I played too!

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”