Alice: Madness Returns

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Alice: Madness Returns

Postby draclvr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Ana has posted links to a couple of gameplay videos and a new trailer over at GB. Oh, my. Can't wait for June 11!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Re: Alice Madness Returns

Postby hawkavonpuka » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am

I watched the demos too, looking really good and the weapons are cool. This one is going to bypass my "not buy any new games" decision. I hope it won't be too expensive, if so I will wait for awhile.
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr

Re: Alice: Madness Returns

Postby draclvr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 am

I haven't bought a new game since Bioshock 2, but I will definitely be paying the price for The Witcher 2 which is supposed to be released shortly before Alice. Looks like I'll be splurging on TWO games!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 am

The price I saw listed is $59.95, a bit too rich for my blood!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Yikes! That is pretty aggressive pricing...
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Sixty dollars for a game :shock: :shock: :shock:

But surely, Drac, Witcher 2 comes out when you wont have time to play anyway?? Or will you stay up even later at night to play it???
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 pm

No, it will be $50 - which is bad enough! But I will definitely be getting it. I'm sure Witcher 2 will be priced similarly, so I'd better start saving my pennies!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Got my Alice: Madness Returns this weekend. Scored it for $13 at Amazon. They have it for $29, but I had a $16 credit on a credit card. Got to play for a couple of hours this afternoon - loving it so far. It's very much like the first Alice, but much better. The graphics are amazing.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Well, it's as buggy as they say it is, but I still am loving this game. Can't stay out of it and boy what a challenge! Colossal Ruins are the WORST!
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:19 pm

You should get a PS3, Drac. You can get a Gamefly account and have 2 games out at a time for $24 a month, or one game out at a time for about $17 a month. The graphics are darn near as good as PC and you don't have to worry about "buggy" ports.....and you'll have a blu-ray player to boot.

http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/Alice-T ... ns/146525/
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Excellent solution if I could get hubby to give up the TV! Already have a good blu-ray player anyway.

Actually, the only bug that has been an issue is the inability to remap one of the weapons to something other than the default. It's a known issue and it puzzles me that they don't put out a patch for it. There are ways to get around it in the config files, but I don't feel like going in there every time I want to change something. I did go in and make a change in one of the config file so I could play in godmode for a little while to figure out how to defeat my first Colossal Ruin.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Excellent solution if I could get hubby to give up the TV!

Your PC monitor doesn't have an HDMI port? Anyway, the gamefly account wouldn't be worth it unless you devote a good bit of time to gaming. As much as I play, I can beat at least two games per month, and even if I only beat one game per month, $24 is a lot less expensive than paying $50 for a game that really doesn't have any replay value.

As for the RPGs and other games that have lots of side missions etc, those can literally take months to complete. Better to just buy those for PC. After all, you didn't build that awesome gaming rig for nothing. It needs to flex it's muscles occasionally. :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Nope - the monitor is 3 years old and no HDMI port. I'd never play that many games either. I'm lucky to have a few hours a week to spend actually gaming. That $24 a month is a great deal for sure. I paid the full price for Witcher 2, but got Alice for onlyl about $14. It's definitely a replay as soon as I get done with the first time through. I know I've missed a lot of stuff...

This awesome gaming rig is absolutely ancient now! But it still plays everything I've thrown at it at full resolutions etc.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm

draclvr wrote:This awesome gaming rig is absolutely ancient now! But it still plays everything I've thrown at it at full resolutions etc.

The "recommended" system requirements for the recently released Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim calls for a GTX260 or higher (which is what you have IIRC).....so you're still ok for the time being. Anyway, if your video card starts to struggle in future games, just lower those bells and whistles in the video options menu, turn off anti-aliasing and lower the resolution and that should boost your framerates substantially.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:39 pm

You remember the GTX 260 correctly. Haven't had to turn down any bells and whistles yet, but I'm sure the time is coming!

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”