Diablo 3 - Say It Isn't So!

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Diablo 3 - Say It Isn't So!

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 am

After waiting so long for Diablo 3, drooling at the videos and screenshots and hoping they would release it sometime yet this century, I read this article someone posted at GB.

Diablo 3 Developments And supposedly no offline mode will be available either.

Insert much weeping and gnashing of teeth. :cry I won't be playing this one.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Diablo 3 - Say It Isn't So!

Postby Jude » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Me, neither.

I'm telling myself that I don't care because the original Diablo people left the company and didn't work on this one, anyway. And it looks like they are dumming in down, anyway, getting rid of the skill trees, for example, so there is almost no strategy involved.

Also, I can still play Diablo II LOD on my older Macs. (It won't work on OS X 10.7 --none of the Blizzard games will be updated for the new Macs except WoW and Starcraft 2, I think.)

Blizzard is not the same company that I used to love. I bet they would have not even made a Mac version if Apple wasn't getting such a larger amount of users, nowadays.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 am

I've been reading a lot of the comments on the different forums. They are uniformly 99.9% negative. And not just negative, but negative to the point where people are saying they will not buy this one. While the negative comments run the gamut, the two most common comments were along these lines. "I paid $60 for the game, so I should be able to play it the way I choose, whether it be on-line, off-line, with my credit card or without." And the second was, "I live in an area where my internet service is iffy at best - or - I have satellite internet and am limited to 385 MB of usage per day."

What in the world are they thinking?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 am

They are probably thinking that they will charge for mandatory online play, like World of Warcraft.

It's a dealbreaker for me.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”