Rayman 2

If you need a hint or help with a game you are playing, this is the place to find it.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Rayman 2

Postby mbday630 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:20 pm

this is really not a Role playing game, but I don't know what to call it. It is an old game. My grandsons and I were trying to play it this weekend and are stuck in the beginning. You are supposed to use your "whirleybird" hat to get to the other side. We looked at a youtube walkthrough of the game and no matter what we do we can't get over to the other side. So, if anyone has played this and can give us pointers, it sure would be appreciated!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Rayman 2

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm

I've never even heard of this one, mbday. But I looked at the youtube video and it does look pretty fun. It is an action game and from what I found, was released for the Playstation 2. Is that what you're playing it on? I did find quite a few walkthroughs too.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

rayman 2

Postby mbday630 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 pm

i thought I had posted this before, but can't find it. If anyone can give me pointers on how to use the whirlybird hat and get to the other side I sure would appreciate it. just can't seem to do it.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

ah, I found my other post! it is here! anyway, it seems really fun, and my grandson's love it.... until we can't go any further and then they get frustrated. And I am no help with it. maybe i can write the guy on youtube that does the walkthrough? I have never done that... but, maybe they can give me some pointers. thanks.
draclvr

Re: rayman 2

Postby draclvr » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm going to merge this one with the other post, mbday.

EDIT: As I asked in the above thread, what platform are you playing the game in? It sounds like you need to know which keys or button activate the whirlybird in order to use it. Are there any Options in the menu where it tells you what activates the whirlybird?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 am

thanks for merging it... I couldn't find it. it is a PC game. You have to use arrow keys and also spacebar and possibly "enter" to jump (can't remember now what key is the jumping) and then letter A (maybe) to set off the whirlybird action. Timing is everything and when I jump in the air and click on whirlybird action he just floats down and not across. argh. It must be that I am too slow. When the grandsons are here again next we will try it again.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:11 am

Have you tried practicing with the whirlybird in a less crucial situation? Or does it give you limited uses? I suspect the "A" to activate may be a reference to the A button on some console's controller rather than PC.
OK, I'm wrong. Just looked at the manual and it's A to jump, then A again (while he's off the ground) to hover. And A again to stop hovering - you shouldn't need to hold it.
(the genre you're looking for is 'platform game', by the way)
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby Phlebas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:13 am

OK, I've just tried it - is it the jump over the river near the waterfall? Here's how you do it: First get lined up and run towards the edge. As you get to the edge, tap A to jump (not letting go of the arrow key you were using for running - keep that held down!). As you reach the highest point of the jump, tap A for the helicopter and that should be just enough - he'll reach the other side and hang there by his fingertips until you jump up. Hope that helps!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:22 pm

OH! Thank you so much for the help. I will try that tomorrow. I take it you have played the game? And if so, can I ask you for more help? My grandkids loved the game and I did too while playing it with them, but when you get to this point where you keep trying and trying it gets frustrating. Thanks so much again.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Yes, Phlebas is a man of many talents!
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby Phlebas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 am

Happy to help if I can - I haven't played that much of the game yet, though!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:44 am

from reading what you did to get past that, I am sure we were holding down the A key instead of just tapping it. Thanks for the pointer.

but, now I have another problem. I have been trying to get this game working all morning to try what you said, but I can't get it working on this computer.... and this is the computer we were playing it on before! I am clicked on the compatibility mode and changed from windows 95 to windows 98, disabled visual themes, put it on 256 and 640 x ?? and tried all different things and I can't get it working. Very frustrating when it worked great before. oh, and I also uninstalled and re-installed it. any ideas? Can you tell me what you click on for the compatibility mode? argh.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am

What operating system are you using, mbday? What is happening when you say it won't work? Do you get an error message?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:13 pm

It just says Rayman 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience and then send error report or don't send error report. tell microsoft about this problem.

I am using windows XP.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:59 pm

OK. Then try this. Uninstall the game and then run CCleaner on both your programs and the registry to get rid of any stray entries there. Then reinstall and see what happens. If you don't have or use CCleaner, it is free and many of use use it often to keep our computers cleaned up. You can get it here... You may need to reset some passwords at places like Mystery Manor unless you move the cookies over to the side where CCleaner ignores them.

CCleaner

Let me know if you need any help using it.

Return to “RPG Game Hints & Help”