Fancy an adventure on the Moon?

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Fancy an adventure on the Moon?

Postby Phlebas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I thought some of you might be interested in this Kickstarter project - not my usual adventure kind of thing but a bit of an oddity (ok, oddities are my other usual kind of thing).
Moon Intern: A pixelly platform/puzzle/RPG epic about doing odd jobs in space!
But that description doesn't really cover it either - don't be fooled by the retro graphics, this is a hugely ambitious project in which the story changes dynamically to fit the way you play (and they're doing some clever stuff with the story structure to make this work - watch the video to get an idea of it), every single NPC has a distinct look and personality based on a real person (including project backers - I'm signed up as a space scientist!), and the story will include exploration, monsters, shopping, romance, ghosts and electrical repair.
I recommend watching the video - there's clearly a lot of love going into this game, and if they can get all those elements working together the result might well be something very special.
Almost forgot - here's the link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larrypixel/moon-intern
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Fancy an adventure on the Moon?

Postby mbday630 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 pm

I will need to watch the video. I am usually against RPG's, but Lands of Lore 1 was (and still is) one of my most favorite games. so, I guess I am on the fence about these games. I like a story to go with the fighting, and definitely want a mouse driven game, and I want to be able to turn my monsters to wimpy so that fighting isn't the biggest thing I do in a game.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Oooo... maybe we can turn you on to The Witcher! Point and click, story, story, story, very sexy hero (Geralt), even a little tasteful sex if you are so inclined! Lots of combat, but the interface is very nuanced and not "hack and slash."
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 pm

What a coincidence - I was just wondering yesterday whether you had finished the new Witcher yet, Drac.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Not yet, Rosaboobie. I had to put it aside when gardening season started. Hopefully, when the snow flies this winter I'll have more time for a good immersive RPG!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 am

I didn't think you would have had time. I am already making a list of things to do in Winter!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”