Batman: Arkham City

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Batman: Arkham City

Postby Robert » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Has anyone played this game? I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun with a game. This game is awesome, even better than the Bioshock series , and that's saying a lot. The characters and the storyline is engaging, the mechanics of the way Batman moves around the city using the grapple gun and the way he fights (not to mention all of his gadgets) makes the game so much fun to play. It's available on Xbox360, PS3 and PC. Anyone looking for an immensely fun game to play, I highly recommend this one......

http://www.gamespot.com/batman-arkham-city/

I've just finished the main storyline. Now I'm in the process of completing all of the many side missions that are in the game. I don't think I'll be able to do all of the Riddler challenges without help from a walkthrough. I also bought the "Catwoman expansion pack" for $9.99 from the Playstation Store, so I also have that to finish. I'm having a blast with this game!!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Batman: Arkham City

Postby Diat60 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for this, Robert. Is the game easily playable on keyboard or is a gamepad preferable?
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, I really don't know. I played it on my Playstation 3. I guess it depends on how good you are with mouse and keyboard. If you're not very skilled with mouse and keyboard, then yes, you should probably use a gamepad. I'm sure the PC version has a gamepad setup utility, as games like this usually do.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:53 pm

I haven't, but this is one of the free games I got with the GTX 560 Ti video card I got for my grandson's build we did last Christmas. It's totally a gamepad version like Robert says. If you have a gaming type keyboard, that would work. Grandson is playing with mouse and keyboard type gamepad.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 pm

draclvr wrote:I haven't, but this is one of the free games I got with the GTX 560 Ti video card I got for my grandson's build we did last Christmas. It's totally a gamepad version like Robert says. If you have a gaming type keyboard, that would work. Grandson is playing with mouse and keyboard type gamepad.

That wouldn't be your CyberSnipa would it? By the way, the first Batman game was awesome as well (Arkham Asylum). You should play it when your grandson is done, Drac. If you liked Bioshock, you'll love this.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes, that would be my trusty Cyber Snipa. I have no idea why it still works - I've pounded the daylights out of it in many a game! Alice Madness Returns comes to mind most recently.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 am

draclvr wrote:Yes, that would be my trusty Cyber Snipa. I have no idea why it still works - I've pounded the daylights out of it in many a game!

I'm sure the manufacturer did the same thing. It's designed to withstand that kind of abuse. I know exactly how you feel, though. I've almost thrown my PS3 controller, but always caught myself, as there's a brick fireplace directly in front of me, and that would be sudden death for my controller.
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 am

My son played it when it first came out and he was totally absorbed with it and wouldn't stop until it was finished.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”