Metro Last Light

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Metro Last Light

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 am

All I can say about this shooter is WOW! I found myself up past 1:00 am last night not realizing how late it was because I couldn't drag myself out of this game. Haven't had a FPS grab me like this for a long time - probably since Prey. I've been spending some serious time living up to my Mystery Manor description!

It's set in an apocalyptic world in the old Metro train tunnels in Russia. It is replete with monsters and some very scary chapters - never run out of ammo! Of course all forays to the surface require a gas mask and a whole new set of monsters to deal with. However, the worst monsters are some of the people. Great story too - it's based on a novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky called Metro 2033. The first Metro 2033 game was released in 2010 and I must go find it.

This game and Crysis 3 are supposed to make most video cards fall to their knees and weep. I recently upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, an Ivy Bridge Core i5 CPU, 8 GB of RAM and a sweet 3 GB EVGA Superclocked GTX 660Ti. The 660Ti is playing the game at the highest settings without breaking a sweat. A free Steam code for this $60 game came with the video card. Nice bonus!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Metro Last Light

Postby Kickaha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Great you're enjoying it Draclvr - sorry but I won't be joining you myself in those tunnels!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Ah, too bad! I could use some company besides the little alien kid!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 pm

If I joined you, you'd have to protect me, too. I'm glad you're enjoying it though.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm

I promise I would keep you safe and sound, LadyK!

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”