The Recipe Exchange.

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: The Recipe Exchange.

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 pm

That recipe sounds scrumptious, Drac!
There's no such thing as too many books!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 am

I don't know if I should post this here or make a new topic, but, I need a good recipe for chicken wings. Super Bowl wouldn't be the same without them. I usually make mine with brown sugar and soy sauce (that's it) but they are always so messy. I need something easy.
Last edited by mbday630 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 pm

This page has more chicken wing recipes than you can shake a stick at and maybe one of them will be what you're looking for: http://allrecipes.com/search/default.as ... ome%20Page
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Allrecipes is probably my favorite recipe website! Hope you find what you need there, mbday...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm

I have looked up those recipes before and some of them seem so complicated. I was just wondering if anyone had a "tried and true" recipe that they used.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Most of the baked recipes sound really easy. Just mix up some kind of sauce or seasoning mix, pour over and bake.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:42 pm

I used to just get a bottle of sweet and sour sauce and heat the cooked wings in it. Easy but messy.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 pm

that does sound good. I was trying to get away from the messy this year. I love my wings that I do in the brown sugar and soy sauce and hubby does too, but, you need a whole dish towel when you eat them. maybe I will just stick with my tried and true recipe. I'll just buy another roll of paper towels!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Sounds like the right plan to me! Messy is secondary when the wings are good!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Not a recipe, but I would like some help on buying a new wok for my stir fries. Just taken mine out of storage and I think they are too rusty to use now. In "olden times" we were always advised to get the "traditional" type of wok but what does everyone think about the non-stick ones?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:54 pm

I am not a big fan of non-stick cookware. I have a huge collection of differing sizes of cast iron skillets, a dutch oven and a griddle. When properly seasoned, they do not stick at all and the quality of the food is far above that of a non-stick surface. From what I read, only the very expensive non-stick coatings are suitable for high-temperature cooking. This advice from a stir-fry chef might help...

The Best Wok for Stir-Fry Cooking

But I imagine if you don't do a lot of high temperature stir-frying, then a non-stick surface might be just fine. Clean-up might be easier!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 am

Is cast iron better than the steel ones I used to use? And what does carbon steel mean? I am so out of touch with the newer cooking techniques, having lived in darkest Africa for 10 years!

You say "clean up might be easier" - if you are referring to the woks I already have, they have still not surfaced in the 2 years I have been here, so they must still be in my garage in one of the many unopened boxes!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:06 am

No, I meant the non-stick ones might be easier to clean up. But from what I understand, they are not suitable for high temperature stir-fry cooking. I thought you had found your old ones and they were rusty? Did you see the part in that article where she said to store woks in a paper bag when you live in a salty climate? Interesting...

I really don't know what carbon steel is, but I don't think it's anything new - especially in woks. All I know it has a higher percentage of carbon in it! But why it's good for cookware I don't know!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:52 am

Whoo hoo - starting having a major clean up and clear out today and guess what I found? My 2 woks......... under my bed LOL - When I ran out of storage space here, I now remember putting several items I dont use that often under there! Gave them a major clean up - actually they were not very rusty at all despite their 10 years in Kenya.

And no, I missed that tip about storing them in a paper bag but where on earth would you find a paper bag that big? I have also followed carefully the writer's instructions and given them both a wok "facial" - Thank goodness I didnt buy a new wok last week.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 pm

What a stroke of luck! What are you going to make in them first? I love stir frys...

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”