2013 Fall Tournament

Previous adventure game tournaments.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

2013 Fall Tournament

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm

There's no such thing as too many books!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Re: 2013 Fall Tournament

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Week 1

These wretched and reviled rebuses are just waiting for you unfortunate players to decipher them. Each one is the name of an adventure game. You will get three chances to guess them correctly, and they will be scored as follows:
1st correct guess = 10 points
2nd correct guess = 5 points
3rd correct guess = 3 points
Maximum number of points = 120

Send your miserable answers to me, Quizmaster, by the deadline on Friday, October 4 at 9:00 PM Central Daylight Time.

Answers to Wretched Rebuses:

1. Nostradamus
2. Tales of Bingwood
3. Necronomicon
4. Paradise
5. Phantasmagoria
6. Lost Horizon
7. Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
8. Chaos on Deponia
9. Testament of Sherlock Holmes
10. The Exchange Student: First Day in Sweden
11. Shadow of Destiny
12. Under a Killing Moon

Part 1: In the Shadow
It's difficult being a minor character in an adventure game, always lurking in the shadow of a playable character. In some cases, the poor dears don't even have names!

It is your job to bring these 13 minor, non-playable characters into the light by naming the games in which they appear. Since your task will be complicated by the need to identify all of the games in order to complete the bonus in Part 3 below, scoring will be a bit different than usual for this puzzle.

Each correct game title will be worth 15 points initially, which could give you a maximum score of 195 points for this section. For each incorrect response, 2 points will be deducted from the 15 points, so if you go below 7 incorrect responses for any one character, you will have a negative score for that character, which is not a good thing! There is hope, however, so don’t despair! For each character, you may purchase up to 3 hints to help you figure out the game. Each hint will cost you two points.

Part 2: In the Limelight
The instant stardom that has to be faced when becoming a major character in an adventure game leads to a level of psychological stress most have never anticipated. We invited 13 playable characters to a group session at the MMMHAHC (Mystery Manor Mental Health and Happiness Clinic), but only 10 showed up. The other 3 are hiding in the bonus section (see Part 3).

I was allowed to be present only at the introduction of the 10 players who did show, before the doors closed on the session. Here are the characters’ opening statements:

1. OK, my name is Rea Redice. People say I'm acting strange since I lost my brother.
2. Well, I can't relate to that. I'm Megan Oldsour and my grandfather committed suicide. But it leaves me cold. Is that bad?
3. Hello, my name is Les Hutuman. I'm an adult but I still like games.
4. My name is Elly Names. I'm always being compared to that Sierra character. You know, with all those remakes.
5. Ronald Kojac. Thats me. I'm a PI and the rest is none of your business.
6. I'm Larry Pain and I used to paint. But that was long ago.
7. Erik Lightbang. I used to have really bad dreams.
8. Hi, my name is Lynn Nosebud and I'm smarter than I think. Than you think, I mean.
9. Hello, I'm Cleo Barkwalls. I see dead people.
10. That's cool, then you can see me cause I'm dead. I'm Maya Ravenclan.

For the sake of privacy the names have been anagrammed, but with a little effort you can figure out who they really are. You will have 3 chances to figure out the names and will earn points as follows:
Maximum number of points = 100

Part 3: Hidden Characters Bonus
Hiding in the titles of the 13 adventure games you found in Part 1, you will find the first and last names of the 3 playable adventure game characters who didn't show up for therapy.

A. To find the first playable character, take all the first letters of your answers from Part 1 and unscramble them.
B. Take all the second letters except #1 and unscramble them to find the second playable character.
C. Take all the third letters except #2 and #9 and unscramble them to find the third playable character.

When you give the answers for the “In The Shadow” puzzle, you will be told what version of the game title to use in case there is more than one possibility. The articles “a” and “the” at the beginning of a title can be ignored.

Each character you find is worth 15 bonus points for a maximum total of 45 points for this section. You get only one chance to guess these.

Please submit all your answers to me, QM, by 9:00 PM Central Daylight Time on Friday, October 4. I'll be lurking in the shadows, waiting to hear from you.

Answers to Of Light and Shadow:

Part 1: In the Shadow
1. Myst 4: Revelation
2. Agon: Pirates of Madagascar (or Agon: The Mysterious Codex)
3. Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name
4. Everlight
5. Last Express, The
6. And Then There Were None
7. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
8. Neverhood, The
9. Escape from Delirium
10. Titanic: Adventure Out of Time
11. Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses
12. Flight of the Amazon Queen
13. Traitors Gate

Part 2: In the Limelight
1. Erica Reed
2. Samuel Gordon
3. Samuel Hunt
4. Les Manley
5. Jack Orlando
6. April Ryan
7. Gabriel Knight
8. Sunny Blonde
9. Rosa Blackwell
10. Manny Calavera

Part 3: Hidden Characters Bonus
A. Mona De Lafitte
B. Nigel Danvers
C. David Styles
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Week 2

The witch's attic hasn't been cleaned out in years, and she wants to get rid of useless things such as her old bell, books, and candles. Your task is to help her clear out these 15 odds and ends by naming the games in which they belong. You have 3 chances to guess them correctly and will earn 10 points for the first guess, 5 points for the second, and 3 points for the third. As a bonus, if you can name the game in which the room itself appears, you'll earn an additional 15 points, but you must guess it on the first try. The maximum number of points for this puzzle is 165.

You have until October 11th at 9:00 PM CDT to submit your answers to me, so get sorting and don't forget your feather dusters and brooms!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Answers to Witch’s Attic:

Cat poster - The Lost Crown
Bell hanging from ceiling - Rhem 4: The Golden Fragments
Pentagram - Sophie's World
Candle on stump - The Whispered World
Broken mirror - The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Man with mushroom hat and cauldron - Fairy Tale About Father Frost, Ivan & Nastya
Distillation apparatus - The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
Ouija board on table - Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Open picture book with witch - Drawn: Dark Flight
Box with face - Gray Matter
Lizard on books - The Bad, the Ugly and the Sober
Wizard in chair - Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact
Crystal ball on table - Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
Wool box - Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
Skull in frame - Zork Grand Inquisitor
Bonus: Room - Myst V: End of Ages

The ingredients and directions for making this deadly...er...tasty concoction were found within the titles of 16 adventure games. Your task is to name each game as it appears on the cauldron. You will have 3 chances to guess the titles correctly.
Maximum score = 160 points

You must submit your answers to me by 9:00 PM CDT on Friday, October 11. After that, the potion will eat through the bottom of your cauldron, leaving you with a terrible mess to clean up. Oh, and please avoid getting any on yourself. We here at MM can't be responsible for the consequences if you do.

Answers to Potent Potion:

1. Frederik Pohl's Gateway
2. Hollywood Monsters
3. Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood
4. SpongeBob Squarepants: Employee of the Month
5. Wallace and Gromit in The Bogey Man
6. The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
7. Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
8. Return to Mysterious Island
9. Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth
10. Sentinel: Descendants in Time
11. Chrono Quest
12. The Cameron Files: Pharaoh's Curse
13. Beyond Atlantis
14. Rise of the Dragon
15. Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
16. Barrow Hill
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Week 3

Pharaoh Tuttut is extremely annoyed, which is not a good thing. A thief, unaware of the mummy’s curse, broke into Tuttut’s tomb and scattered all his funerary possessions all over the pyramid. The thief, like others before him, met his end before absconding with the loot, but now all the items must be gathered up and returned to their rightful places in the pharaoh’s tomb chamber within the pyramid. If they are not returned within the week, the pharaoh is going to unleash a plague of telemarketers upon the world. To keep the world safe from this invasion, you, our intrepid adventurer, must brave the hazards of the pyramid, retrieve the 21 lost items, and return them to the mummy.

You have unearthed a map of the pyramid, signed by a Professor I. Jones (supposedly a reliable source), along with his directions for making it through the maze. Follow the directions carefully. When you find an object, note the shape (sun, moon, star, diamond or flower) and color of the nearby pattern on the floor, and also note any traps along the way. (If you survive them, that is!)

Armed with your flashlight, a knife, and a large empty backpack for the items you find, you cautiously enter the tomb from the north.

You step S, and right away you find a fine leather sandal on the floor. You pick it up and then move W, S, W, N and W. Here you gather up a flail. Next you proceed S, S, E, and N to spy a small gold cartouche ring in a corner. You grab it up, dust it off, and then head S, W, N, E, S, E, S, E, N, E, N, and W. You are rewarded by finding a large copper cuff. Taking this, you mosey E, E, N, E, N and W. Ah-ha! Here is a crook. You add it to your backpack and then walk back to the place you found the copper cuff. You ramble N, E, N, E, and S to find a gorgeous golden ankh, sticking out of a crack. You pry it out with your knife, then take a short walk E and N, where you find a jeweled goblet. You stash it and next trudge E, S, E, N, W, N, E, N, E, and S. Hanging on the wall you find a rope with golden threads and tassels, which you remove. You hoof it back to the spot you found the ankh and from there amble N, E, N, E, E. You look around carefully and finally spot a gold comb in a dusty alcove. You secure it in your pack and trek W, S, E, S, S, and W. Tucked away in the niche is a small sarcophagus with Bastet carved on the lid. You stow it, turn around, and plod E, N, W, N and W where you spy a canoptic jar on a ledge. You look inside and see a lot of gray matter, so you seal it tightly and snatch this up as well. A short jaunt W and N brings you to the door of a seemingly empty room. However, a blast of hot air wafts towards you, and you nearly gag at the smell of charred flesh. You wisely decide not to enter here.

Instead, you step back to where you found the canoptic jar, then you journey N, W, S, W, N, W, S, W, S, W, S, W, N, and W, where you find a heavy necklace of gold and inlaid semiprecious stones. A short jog S and E brings you to a statuette of Horus. Tucking it into your pack, you then perambulate N, N, E, S, E and E. You pause when you hear hissing and slithering coming from the far end of the room. You quickly retreat W, then hike N, E, S, W, S, and W, where you seize a papyrus scroll. A quick hop W and S leads you to find and procure an ornate headdress, and another quick skip W and S leads you to a pretty amber and gold earring, which you quickly get hold of. Next you travel E, S, E, E, and N, where you recover a false beard. You then move S, W, N, E, S, E, E, and E. You almost head into the alcove when you spot the crushed skeletons on the floor and the huge block of granite suspended from the ceiling. You back away slowly and traipse W, W, N, W, S, W, N, E, N, and N. Here you garner a lovely painted offering bowl.

You now tread E, N, E, S, and W and snap up some long strips of linen. Then you move N, W, S, and W where you discover an amulet of Anubis. Marching S, W, S and E leads you to a beautifully woven basket. You then stroll S to enter a large room with colorful murals on the wall. In the corner, you discover a large and ornate mummy case propped up against the wall. As you stand transfixed, the lid to the case opens and you are standing face-to-face with Pharaoh Tuttut himself.
DID YOU BRING MY STUFF?” he asks in a booming voice, his red eyes glowing in the dark.
Quaking in your boots, you answer, in a quivering voice, “Yes, oh Exalted and Honorable One, Ruler of Upper and Lower Egypt, Phairest of the Pharaohs!”

“Oh, goody! Let’s cut out the formalities. You can call me Tutt."

Pharaoh’s First Challenge

“Well, since you obviously survived the maze, you must tell me which 3 of my 6 traps you saw and avoided by giving me the symbol you found nearby. Here's the list:
1) Scramble of Scarabs
2) Slamming of Stone
3) Flames of Fury
4) Pool of Poison
5) Nicks of Knives
6) Kettle of Cobras"

"Each correct answer here will earn you 10 points for a maximum total of 30. You get only one chance to guess these correctly. (Yes, I am a big meany.)"

Pharaoh’s Second Challenge

"Now it’s time to show me what you found."

You bring out the items one at a time, and Tutts makes a comment about each one that tells you where it belongs. Listen carefully to his hints.

A. "Wonderful! Now I can look manly again, although the glue I use to stick it on makes me break out."
B. "Ah, yes! Doesn’t this make my pectorals look impressive?"
C. "This belongs to my lovely wife, Nefertattas. She’ll be so happy that you found the other half of the pair. Just put it on her mummy case over there in the corner."
D. "Thank you! My left foot has been so cold without it."
E. "Terrific! These will wrap me up nicely. Desert nights can be so chilly, you know."
F. "Awww! You found my favorite pet! Put her on that pillow there. She deserves to be comfortable."
G. "Great! Aside from looking stunning, this covers up my problem. (That hair regrowth oil just didn't work!)"
H. "Nice! I can’t use this as it was intended anymore, but if I hold it between my teeth, I can play a nice tune on it."
I. "Sweet! This holds my bread. Just set it on the dinner table over there."
J. "Super! Now I’ve got something to read. Please set it on this side table next to me."
K. "Lovely! I know I’m just supposed to hold it in my right hand, but it’s also great as a back scratcher."
L. "Marvelous! Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss this the most. Please set it carefully on that shelf over there with my other parts."
M. "Well done! I’m just dying for a beer, so set it beside that pitcher over there."
N. "Yes! I often hold this in my other hand. It’s also great for snagging things I can’t reach."
O. "Superb! I use the symbol of my underworld buddy on my key ring."
P. "Excellent! That symbol has been good to me these past 3,000 years. Please hang it on the wall over there so I can see it for all eternity."
Q. "Very good! This looks very stylish around my midsection. Hmmm. I guess I’d better wrap it around again and tie it snugly. I’ve lost a little weight, you know, but it’s nothing to worry about."
R. "Fantastic! This makes my upper arm look very powerful, don’t you think. Hmmmm. I guess I’d better start working out again."
S. "Awesome! That will hold my fruit very nicely. Just set it on my night stand in case I get peckish during the perpetual night."
T. "Well, if it isn’t Birdbrain! Stick him in the alcove over there. I'll use him for a hat rack.
U. "Neato! Put that on my pinky, please! I use it for sealing my scrolls."

"Now, your final task is to match each item you found with the colored symbol and its proper location in my tomb, according to the directions I just gave you. Please submit your answers to my scribe, the Grand Quizmaster, in this order:
Letter of my hint - proper location (where it belongs) in my tomb - the name of item - the symbol where the item was found. For example: Z - on the counter - worthless hair oil - magenta butterfly. Don’t forget to mention the symbol for your current location as well!"

"The 22 remaining answers are worth 10 points each for a maximum total of 220 points. If you make a mistake, you may submit an answer one more time, but it will cost you 5 points, and you won't get any bonus points."

Pharaoh's Bonus

"If you please the me with all the correct answers, you may then receive a bonus of 10 points by telling the Grand QM how to find the exit from this last location. If your answers aren’t correct, you’re not going anywhere...ever! (I told you I was a big meany!)"

All answers must be submitted by 9:00 PM CDT on Friday, October 18.
Answers to Tuttut's Tomb Maze:

Pharaoh’s First Challenge
2) Slamming of Stone - green diamond
3) Flames of Fury - purple diamond
6) Kettle of Cobras - yellow sun

Pharaoh’s Second Challenge:
A - on chin - beard - red sun
B - around neck - necklace - yellow diamond
C - on wife's mummy case - earring - green star
D - on left foot - sandal - purple flower
E - around Pharaoh’s body - linen strips - green sun
F - on pillow - Bastet - blue star
G - on head - headress - blue diamond
H - between teeth - comb - blue sun
I - on dinner table - basket - purple star
J - on side table - scroll - purple moon
K - in right hand - flail - blue moon
L - on shelf - canoptic jar with brain - yellow flower
M - beside pitcher - goblet - red diamond
N - in left hand - crook - yellow star
O - on key ring - Anubis amulet - blue flower
P - on wall - ankh - yellow moon
Q - around waist - rope belt - green flower
R - on upper arm - copper cuff - green moon
S - on nightstand - bowl - red star
T - in alcove - Horus stautette - purple sun
U - on pinky - cartouche ring - red flower
Pharaoh’s tomb room - red moon

Pharaoh's Bonus
E, S, E, and S

One of pharaoh's scribes was having a very bad day and mixed up the titles of 16 adventure games he was supposed to compile. To save the poor guy from the mighty pharaoh's curses, your task is to unscramble the titles and match them to the pictures below. Accuracy counts here, so use all the words but don't add any to the titles. Each correct answer is worth 10 points for a first guess, 5 points for a second, and 3 points for a third. The maximum points you can earn is 160.

The deadline for the scribe is 9:00 PM CDT on Friday, October 18, so get your answers to me before then. Remember that successful puzzle solving can save lives!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Answers to Mummy Mixup:

1 - Riddle of the Sphinx
2 - Ankh: Heart of Osiris
3 - Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh
4 - Secrets of the Luxor
5 - Nightfall
6 - Timelapse
7 - The Mystery of the Mummy
8 - Dracula Origin
9 - Cleopatra: A Queen’s Destiny
10 - The Cameron Files: Pharaoh’s Curse
11 - Isis
12 - The Next Big Thing
13 - Beyond Time
14 - The Egyptian Prophecy
15 - Beyond Atlantis 2
16 - The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Week 4

Below are puzzle pieces with pictures of puzzles from a plethora of games. Puzzled? Your task is to name the 10 games that contain these perplexing puzzles. You will receive 10 points if correct on your first guess, 5 points on the second, and 3 points on the third. You have until Friday, October 25th at 9PM CDT to send me your answers via PM.

Perversely yours,
QM
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Answers to A Perverse Puzzle of Puzzles:
1. Voyage/Journey to the Moon
2. Culpa Innata
3. Return to Mysterious Island
4. Night Café
5. Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse
6. Time Stand Still
7. Lifestream
8. The 11th Hour
9. The Castle
10. Bioscopia

The spirits of Halloween are taking over the pumpkin patch on the grounds of Mystery Manor, and the pumpkins are becoming very cross. They are demanding that you solve the crossword below using the clues provided. All answers are the names of adventure games. The titles with more than one word do not have spaces, and "the" will be eliminated if a game name starts with it. In one case, a subtitle only is used.

You get 3 chances to guess these correctly - 10 points for the first guess, 5 points for the second, and 3 points for the third. The maximum number of points you can earn for this puzzle is 300. You have until Friday, October 25th at 9 PM CDT to submit your answers to MM's biggest crosspatch, me.
[smilie=orangepumpkin.gif]

ACROSS
6. Ghastly dance
7. God of dreams
10. Dutch spy
12. Hard volcanic glass
13. Reap
15. Resin
16. Digs or scrapes at
17. Dark descent
19. Unconditional freedom
23. Region in northern Asia
24. Story
25. Spirits
26. Memento
27. Reverie plummet
28. Institution of health

DOWN
1. Obsessed
2. Reverberating sound
3. Eden
4. Angel's abode
5. 10, 9, 8, 7
7. Illusion
8. Corsairs, island country
9. Specialized thief
11. One who arrives
14. Doomed ship
15. Life symbol
18. Mourning period
20. Cure
21. Buried
22. State of being, small river
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Answers to Cross Patch:

ACROSS

6. GRIM FANDANGO
7. MORPHEUS
10. MATA HARI
12. OBSIDIAN
13. HARVEST
15. AMBER
16. SCRATCHES
17. NIGHTFALL
19. CARTE BLANCHE
23. SYBERIA
24. FABLE
25. GHOSTS
26. KEEPSAKE
27. DREAMFALL
28. SANITARIUM

DOWN
1. HAUNTED
2. RESONANCE
3. PARADISE
4. HEAVEN
5. COUNTDOWN
7. MIRAGE
8. PIRATES OF MADAGASCAR
9. SAFECRACKER
11. COMER
14. TITANIC
15. ANKH
18. SHIVAH
20. REMEDY
21. ENTOMBED
22. LIFESTREAM
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Week 5

Help Dr. Frankenstein sort out his rejects for recycling by finding the games from which he procured the 21 parts for his monsters. You will receive 10 points for the first correct guess, 5 for the second, and 3 for the third. The maximum number of points for this puzzle is 210.

Do your part and send your guesses to me before Friday, November 1 at 9:00 PM CDT.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Answers to Frankenstein's Rejects
1A - The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
1B - The Next Big Thing
1C - Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
1D - Jack Keane
1E - Sentinel: Descendants in Time
1F - Destination: Treasure Island

2A - Tales of Monkey Island (any episode)
2B - Murder in the Abbey/The Abbey
2C - Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado
2D - Sam & Max (any of the Telltale episodes)
2E - The Feeble Files
2F - Runaway: A Road Adventure

3A - Zak McKracken: Between Time and Space
3B - Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
3C - Beyond Atlantis 2/Atlantis 3
3D - The Legend of Crystal Valley
3E - Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
3F - Road to India: Between Hell and Nirvana

4A - The Cassandra Galleries
4B - The Curse of Monkey Island
4C - Bone (either episode)

The following Crypt-o-Grams were sent from beyond by 10 previously living individuals.

Part 1:
Your first job is to decode the sentences. Each cryptogram has a different code, so a chart has been provided to help. One letter has been provided to start you off, and you may purchase a letter at the cost of 1 point per letter. Instructions and tips on solving cryptograms can be found HERE.

Each cryptogram you solve is worth 15 points for a maximum total of 150. If your answer is incorrect or incomplete, you will receive a 1-point deduction, but you may guess as many times as you wish.

Please note: In cryptogram #1, the letter under the last dash in the second line is a "P." Also note that all the cryptogram answers are single sentences, except for #8, which is two sentences.

Part 2:
Once you have solved the codes, the sentence will reveal a hint about the character who sent it. Your second task is to name the character and the game in which he or she appeared. Each answer will be worth 15 points for a first correct guess, 10 points for a second, and 5 points for a third. The maximum points you can earn for this section is 150.

You have until Friday, November 1 at 9:00 PM CDT to send your answers to me. I'll be waiting for them in a dark corner of the crypt.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Answers to Crypt-o-grams

1. "My abandoned museum holds strange artifacts from around the world."
-Professor Windlenot, Shivers

2. "I was strangled at Cutter’s Cove."
-Arlena/Arlene Stuart Marshall, Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun

3. "I’m buried in a fabled treasure room in Anozira."
-Eduardo Peralto, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine

4. "They say I fell off a cliff after I opened a chest in Brittany."
-Marcel, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life

5. "I was a costume maker consumed by lust when Hannibal proposed."
-Kalinka, Faust: The Seven Games of the Soul

6. "I was stabbed with a fake dagger during a party at the museum."
-Dr. Pippin Carter, The Dagger of Amon Ra

7. "I was a prominent professor, but I was shot at my villa on Purple Rose."
-Prof. Elumberg, Martin Mystère: Operation Dorian Gray/Crime Stories

8. "I was a Native American artist. The designs on a kiva pot led to my murder."
-Anna Elk Moon, Santa Fe Mysteries: The Elk Moon Murder

9. "They said I committed suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, but my daughter Sylvia knew better."
-Carl Linsky, Tex Murphy: Overseer or Mean Streets

10. "A ruthless billionaire, I perished during a storm on my own beach."
-Walter Jones, Sinking Island
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Weeks 2-4 - Beast Family Puzzle

Cecy Mombeasty, Baby Beasty, and I went looking for a new place to live because we really can't stand the nice people next door. It's just awful how they're always so friendly and pleasant to us. Ugh!

Anyway, we went on a house-hunting expedition through our Adventureville unreal estate office and found 13 places that might suit us. I had my new-fangled camera with me and took a picture of each place, but none of them turned out very well. Either I couldn't get the settings right or the camera moved or the weather didn't cooperate.

See if you can figure out in which adventure games these photos were taken. You'll get 20 points apiece for them if you can guess them before Friday, October 11. If not, Cecy says she took better pictures than I did and will post them the following week (Oct. 11-18). Of course, hers will be worth only 15 points apiece. If you still don't get the answers, Baby also has a set of pictures that he says are the bestest of all. He'll post them the week after Cecy (Oct. 18-25), and they'll be worth 10 points each because, according to Baby, they're very easy to recognize.

You'll only get one chance each week to guess the photos. If you get them all correct the first week, you'll earn the maximum of 260 points. Send your guesses to me, The Beast, via PM.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Cecy Mombeasty's Photos - Due by 9:00 PM on Friday, October 18:
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Baby Beasty's Photos - Due by 9:00 PM on Friday, October 25:

Return to “Tourney Archives”