Forthcoming releases

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Forthcoming releases

Postby Kickaha » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:57 pm

"Pillars of Eternity" ( http://eternity.obsidian.net ) is launching March 26th! I may not have finished "Wasteland 2" by now!

Also in RPG mode Spiderweb's remaking of "Avernum 2: Crystal Souls" ( http://www.avernum.com/avernum2/index.html ) should be out this January.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Forthcoming releases

Postby draclvr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Pillers of Eternity looks great - did I read somewhere that this one is also being released for the Mac?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Yes that's right Draclvr - glad to say Mac users are not so much the poor relations these days!
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 pm

I've always thought leaving out Mac users was nuts... Although I'm sure it's all about the bottom line with cost to port to the Mac vs. the number of Mac users, they still are missing out on a customer base that will only grow!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 am

One advantage of when we were left out by people designing games for Windows was that we usually only got really good games (the one's that weren't successful hardly ever got ported to the Mac) so we didn't waste a lot of money on bad games. Another cool thing was that there were a few game designers that were Mac fanatics and these games seemed to be written out of a sense of love (and obsession!) for the game rather than the drive to make profits, so we also got some good games that way.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:48 am

Possibly also worth noting that since Apple changed to using the same processors as everyone else, porting to Mac is a lot less work than it used to be!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 am

Apple being on Intel will have made a difference true Phlebas, I'd tend to feel operating system differences impact games more than the processor it's all running on. What libraries are available etc, versions of compilers. Perhaps.

Whatever has made the difference I'm happy new games often get released together on Mac and PCs!

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”