Free CE game coupon

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Free CE game coupon

Postby Stella » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm a member of Big Fish. I thought if you received a stuffed Big Fish for x amount of games, you were automatically a member? I thought I read somewhere on this forum, that you both had received stuffed Fish?

I signed in to Big Fish this morning, they never ask me what my billing situation is, clicked on the game I wanted, then put in the code along with the numbers in the "have a coupon" spot, and purchased the game. No problem at all. :scratch:
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, then you are a member and have an account. You have $6.99 charged to your credit card each month and that is how you build game credits. What Rosaboobie and I did was sign OUT of our accounts and then try to use the code. In order to use it, you must sign up for an account if you don't already have one. The code is only actually "free" for those who already have an account.

So, I'm sure they got lots of new members our of this "free" code. I just hope they all realize they will have that money charged to their credit card each month.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes, your monthly game credits come out of your pocket every month, so that comes out even when you buy a standard game. However, you also get punch card credits for each game you buy, which entitles you to a free game if you accumulate 5 in a month's time.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:28 pm

I have an account but I deactivated the "Big Fish Game Club" membership (which is what I believe charges the $6.99 a month) long ago when my fortunes changed. (It says I can reactivate at any time without obligations.) Anyway, I was able to use the coupon, but I had to download the latest version of the installer first before I could download the game.

I got Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm

I will look more closely at my statement when it comes, but I'm almost positive I'm not being billed a monthly charge. Mostly I get CE's that are on sale, and don't remember seeing $6.99 on my statement.

But, I'm also thinking that I read if you purchased x amount of games per month, you're not charged the membership fee.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Stella, do you accumulate game credits? If you do, you are being charged $6.99 a month. If you don't and you are paying full price for CE games ($19.99), then you do not have an account. And that isn't true about the membership being free if you buy enough games. As LadyK says, if you accumulate 5 game punches in a month, you will get a code for a free game and that's it.

Jude, watch your credit card... I know they offered a free one month trial of the membership, but it could be if you don't cancel, you will start being charged. It clearly said you must use your account or sign up for one to use the code. When I tried to use the code after I signed out of my account, I got an message telling me I must get an account.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 am

Stella, my friend, you are a Member, I am sure, and you MUST be paying this monthly charge surely :wink:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 am

Well, Duh! You ladies must be right, and I have been enlightened! :idea:

Thank you, I think? :)
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:35 pm

They don't even have a card on file for me. My account page says that my club membership was cancelled long ago, but I could reactivate it any any time. It also says that the CE game gave me 3 "punches" on my card, which will expire soon, but I would need to reactivate my account to use the punch card credit (if I got three more punches, that is).

So, I think you needed an account to use the coupon (it worked for me), but you don't need to have an active club membership (which is what costs the $6.99/month).
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Maybe there is a difference... I tried to set up an account, but it took me right to a page which told me I was signing up for a membership. Who knows!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:58 am

Well, I cant find my monthly payment on my Bank Statement LOL but I will keep looking cos I am sure it's being debited each month :roll:

But when I look under "My Account" on BFG and then "Game Club", it tells me that £5.39 is indeed coming out of my Bank account each month :cool:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:01 am

I have mine charged to my credit card each month and it always comes out on the 2nd of the month.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 am

Guess what showed up on my credit card statement? Yep, $6.99! So, I am paying this fee to be a member. You're right, I was wrong. I just wonder why I never saw this fee on my statement before? :scratch:
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:42 am

I promise you it was there. If you were earning game credits, you were being charged!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:59 pm

I knew Drac and I were right LOL :lol: Anything else you need to know about your finances, just ask us :wink:
Boobie

Return to “Casual Games”