Hello! I'm a game dev :)

Place for new members to say hello and introduce themselves.
COWCAT
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Hello! I'm a game dev :)

Postby COWCAT » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello everyone :)

I am 31, and a gamer from France! I've always been into adventure games, whether it's the old Sierra games (Leisure suit larry, Gabriel Knight...) to the modern ones (Deponia, Sadwick...)

And recently, I've quit my job to become a game dev full time :) I hope you won't mind me doing some shameless promotion, but I am developing a point & click adventure game for PC named "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure", which is planned for release early 2016. More on that on the forums :)

Anyway, nice little place you seem to have here :)

Cynical adventure video game inspired by the Broken Sword series - Coming soon! (Early 2016)
http://www.demetriosgame.com/
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Hello! I'm a game dev :)

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Please promote shamelessly away! We are always glad to hear of new games and especially from new game developers. Our own Ghostlady, Mistress of Mystery Manor, is an indie game developer with 3 games to her credit. I love the graphics in Demetrios!

We are a small little corner of the gaming universe, but a very friendly bunch. Please make yourself at home and don't mind the cat hair on the chairs in the library.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Welcome. :)
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
COWCAT
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby COWCAT » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:44 am

Thank you :)

Our own Ghostlady, Mistress of Mystery Manor, is an indie game developer with 3 games to her credit.

What games did she (help) make?

Cynical adventure video game inspired by the Broken Sword series - Coming soon! (Early 2016)
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Image to Mystery Manor, Cowcat! Best of luck with your new game. Will there be a Mac version?

Ghostlady's games are The Hauntings of Mystery Manor, Intrigue at Oakhaven Plantation, and Haunting at Cliffhouse. She loves big old houses and mysteries, and they all combine both.

Edit: I just saw your post in the other forum here. I will give it a try. My iMac is currently running OS 10.6 (Intel).
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 am

Welcome to the Manor, Cowcat, and all the best for your new life as a full-time developer!
I don't get a lot of time for games at the moment but I'll give the demo a try at some point. I like the look of the hotspot view - I'd much rather be scratching my head trying to work out how to use what I can see than trying to work out which of the things I can see are interactive!
COWCAT
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby COWCAT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:40 am

Phlebas wrote:I don't get a lot of time for games at the moment but I'll give the demo a try at some point. I like the look of the hotspot view - I'd much rather be scratching my head trying to work out how to use what I can see than trying to work out which of the things I can see are interactive!

Yeah, there wasn't one at first, but an adventure game fan on another forum suggested this so I've added it :)
Also there's in-game help, which requires finding some well-hidden cookies on screen though.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Welcome Cowcat! And great to see new people developing Adventure games! It is a long haul as you probably know by now!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:06 am

Welcome Cowcat! Hope you have great success with your game. I love the graphics. :)
COWCAT
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby COWCAT » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank you :)

The game is about 40% complete, but I'm fully working on it and having great progress lately :)

StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:33 am

What games did she (help) make?

Help make, that's funny. Sorry I'm so late on this one but welcome. It's good to see another fellow creator. I love your graphics, you did a fabulous job. I love hand drawn graphics, now that's real talent. Sorry I didn't get a chance to play your demo, too much on my plate at the moment. Good luck with the release, you did an excellent job working alone. I know all too well what that's like. I hope your game is a great success. You should post it at Adventure Point and Gameboomers :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:48 am

He had posted it on several other forums and it's being very well received.

Starlite is also a game developer!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:13 am

I didn't see it on those sites but then again I didn't go looking for it. Great job though :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Return to “Guestbook”