Key to Ravenhearst

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Key to Ravenhearst

Postby skeeter » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:47 am

Has anyone played the new Ravenhearst games? Key to Ravenhearst and Unlocked? I am confused....

How are the twins alive and grown up? Didn't we rescue their souls in the earlier games? And they were already born before they moved to Ravenhearst?

I may be remembering this wrong... At some point I am going to go back and replay the games, but not at the moment. Any ideas?
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Key to Ravenhearst

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I played the new Ravenhearst games and wondered the same thing, skeeter!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Yes, and we've also killed off Alistair many times, but a spark of him always lives in Tanatos (sp?), the raven spirit. Eipix took over the franchise and didn't do a good job of explaining how the twins were revived. I'm still enjoyed the games, especially since they've included the complex Rube Goldberg-type puzzles, but I think the story has played out. It's like the Puppet Show games - too much already!

By the way, the second Dire Grove game hinted at more to come with the Ravenhurst saga, so I was expecting another game or two.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:08 pm

I thought I was just going crazy! For part of the game I had Alister and Charles confused as well... I think they just wrote the new storyline without considering the old one - they do that in TV too. Whenever I question something my dad always says "We'll hang a lantern on that!" which is a quote from Stargate about the very issue :) I have always liked the Ravenhearst games, but I also think they've run their course. But I do love the puzzles! I'll just have to start again...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “Casual Games”