Rogue Software Causing Problems with Word & Default Programs

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Rogue Software Causing Problems with Word & Default Prog

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Did you ever try posting your issue on the Microsoft Office forums? Someone there may have a suggestion for you. I posted a link somewhere earlier in this thread for the Office 2010 forums.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:22 pm

No, but I will do. I still hope to hear back from the MS Fraud Team :cool:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
RaytheBear
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RaytheBear » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi rosaboobie,
Yes it is a Digital download and can be retrieved anytime, but you can also burn
the Download to a DVD, this is what I did with no problems. These download
prices are weird, when I go to one MS site it says it is $99.00 before taxes but when
you dig further to another MS site it was $79.0 plus taxes. When I visited one your origin site it stated 119 pounds, and yet you also found a site for 70 pounds. On the USA site, one site stated $119.00, and no way the Americans pay more for Canadians for this (at least this is usually the case in most instances), so again, an American would have to dig deeper to find a better price.

As mentioned before I tried Free products, the last one I tried was LibreOffice which I liked very much and it is 99.50% compatible with MS Word, Excel, etc. Again a couple of small nagging problems turned me away, but that is me and maybe their is something along the way I goofed up. LibreOffice if you haven't tried it maybe a way to go, it even suggest that you don't make LO your default App for MS Word documents until you are comfortable and confident with the product. It is easy to install and you can install only the Products you want i.e. if you just want Word, then just install that.

Good luck with the MS Fraud Squad.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:22 am

I see what you mean about these weird prices, Ray - I am very confused........... but then thats nothing new these days :roll:

There is this one for $79 which converts to approximately £55.00

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... .323026400

And then there is this one at a price of £110 - exactly double the price of the first link!

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... 14082134:s
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 am

The first one is for the non-commercial Word 2016. The second one is not the "non-commercial" Word 2016. Only the Word 2016 non-commercial is the lower price. So, when you're shopping for it, make sure it says non-commerical like the first one does.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Ah, my mistake, Drac. So, can I safely buy from the $79 link?

This is my posting from the Microsoft Community Forum today:-

Me:- I purchased a digital download of Office 10 from a vendor at the Bonanza website, and on the first installaton I was able to activate the software. However as Office 2010 was not working properly, I had to uninstall and reinstall it. Now when I try to reactivate it, its telling me the product key is not valid. The product has now stopped working - I can only view Word documents already on my PC but I cant create a new one as all Tools and Options are greyed out.

Reply:- Use phone activation, do not respond to any prompts until given the option to speak to a real person, then see what they say about your Key, as digital downloads of Office 2010 have not been available for some time.

Me:- That is not an option for me as I live in the U.K. I thought there was something not right with this download, thanks. I already reported this on 11th February by submitting a Microsoft Counterfeit Report.

Reply:- Phone activation is available in whatever country you reside, its done from within an office component, via activate dialogue. When buying software on the net a good rule of thumb is to compare the price against that sold on Amazon - if to cheap then it cannot be true.

"
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Yes, I had mentioned that I found phone activation mentioned in a forum - don't remember which one now... - in one of my earlier posts.

It's certainly worth a try.

And good advice on the pricing... That's what made me so suspicious in the beginning - it was priced WAY too cheap, cheap, cheap for the full Office 2010 Pro. As you are finding, even the stand-alone Word 2016 is more expensive than that supposed full suite of applications you purchased which should have included Publisher and the Access database in addition to Excel, Power Point, Word, One Note etc.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:49 pm

And this is what Bonanza has just written to me:-

We take reports of violations very seriously. If you have found an item that is prohibited for sale on the Bonanza website, please have the rightful owner of any copyrights or trademarks contact our support department at support@bonanza.com so that we may promptly address. Bonanza must receive a legal "Cease and desist" letter in order to remove items. Here is a link that will explain this document needed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist
Once received we usually have the infringing items removed within 48 hours if not much sooner.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Oh, good grief! Are you kidding me! I guess they are saying they have no control over their sellers if they are selling something illegal. That is utterly nuts - do they really think Microsoft is going to send them a "Cease and Desist?" I'd run as far away from the Bonanza selling site as I could get if they don't really care what their sellers are doing.

Did you ever try contact the seller directly instead of going through Bonanza?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Oh yes, I send him a lovely email every single day, just in case he has forgotten about me, Drac :roll:

He has not replied to me for the past 10 days - I am just hoping that Paypal will refund my money. Its not so much the money involved, but the principle. I have bought hundreds of items online, and only been scammed a couple of times, and just those couple of times really bug me!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Good for you... I'd be the same way. The lack of response is very telling. I'd be sure to leave a scathing review for him too. I noticed he had lots of positive reviews, but it seems when things don't go right, he disappears.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Ha ha Bonanza has just blocked me on Facebook! :roll:
Boobie
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:42 pm

You have officially joined the ranks of the elite!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:01 pm

And it's a Canadian company, I believe, Diat!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:46 pm

What is it called on FB, Rosaboobie? I tried to find them and couldn't.

Return to “Technical Help”