Match 3 recommendations?

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Match 3 recommendations?

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Yes, I have played them, Diat, but cant remember if I like them or not. I will download one of them and try it out, thanks.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 am

I was getting bored with my usual Match 3 games, and I have managed to find one that is quite challenging, and I am really enjoying it - Runefall.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/8458/runefall/?pc
Boobie
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:35 am

And, I must thank Rosaboobie for recommending this one! I had download the trial about a week ago, but hadn't had time to sit down and play it. Yesterday, I took the day off and did nothing!! So I finally started the game. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.. it does this odd moving around thing that was kind of disconcerting. The puzzle screens are stretched out in somewhat complicated shapes and you can't just go where you want to or see the entire puzzle. BUT! You do have the "jump" power up which you can use to "jump" to a specific part of the puzzle. For instance, YES! I finally found a key, but where in the heck was that treasure chest? So I highlight where I think I saw it and jump there. Now, I can use that key to open the chest.

When I finished the trial, I was in the middle of a level and knew I wanted to play more now that I had finally started figuring it out, so I purchased the full game. I'm not particularly fond of the whole story part of the game, but that's why they allow you to click on through or skip all the dialogue.

Good recommendation, Rosaboobie!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I also was not sure that I liked this game at first, but I persevered with the whole one hour demo, and I am glad I did. The "busy" screen does take a bit of getting used to, but at least it is quite a challenging game, once you learn the ground rules. I was lucky enough to buy this as Deal of the Day for £2.30 - and yes, I also skip the dialogue - thank goodness for that "Skip Dialogue" Button! It is really nice to have a new Match 3 to play - I have been playing my old faithfuls for some years now.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:28 pm

I'm finding the more I play Runefall, the better I like it!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:37 pm

OMG, has anyone else here played Runefall, apart from me and Drac? Talk about value for money - each level takes forever to crack!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:08 pm

I timed level 22 last night - 46 minutes! It actually started getting kind of tedious! I gave up doing the timed levels as it's just not possible to do everything in the allotted time.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:17 pm

I have also resorted to relaxed mode, and still this game is challenging!
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:49 pm

I suppose you've probably played it, RB, but I forgot to mention the Big Kahuna Reef games. I was just playing the second one last night and thought of you.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 am

No, I dont think I have, LadyK - I am downloading them both now. Which game is better in your opinion? The first or the second one?

I have given up on Runefall - although it was a fantastic game to begin with - by level 30, like Drac said, it was getting rather tedious, although I did become somewhat addicted to this game.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:39 am

I finally made it past level 27 last night. It took almost an hour... like you say, it started out great, but then became quite boring without much challenge.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:38 am

Yes, there seem to be no new challenges in Runefall - just a much larger map and hopelessly hunting for the right areas. I thought you had given up on this game already, Drac.
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Rosaboobie wrote:No, I dont think I have, LadyK - I am downloading them both now. Which game is better in your opinion? The first or the second one?

I haven't played the first one in ever so long, RB, but I think the second one has more power-ups to clear out difficult areas. Both are fun, and you get to choose fish for your reef as you go along.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am

Played the first one but not played the second one yet.

I used to like playing Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, but there is one whole section of that game that just beats me - cant remember what its called now.
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Rosaboobie wrote:I used to like playing Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, but there is one whole section of that game that just beats me - cant remember what its called now.

It's probably Thoth's puzzle temple, where you have to group all the colors to turn all the spaces light. It's often not obvious how they should be arranged, especially when you have a piece with half of one color and half of another. It's the only temple I haven't finished yet.

Return to “Casual Games”