Free upgrade to windows 10 ends July 29

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Free upgrade to windows 10 ends July 29

Postby draclvr » Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 am

GWX stands for Get Windows Ten... Good to hear they have finally did that in the GWX control panel.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue May 17, 2016 1:11 pm

It appears that - very late in the game - Microsoft added this option to the GWX dialogue box just last week.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft- ... TRE17cfd61
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Faust
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Faust » Fri May 20, 2016 7:51 pm

I've performed the upgrade , twice . I've went back to Win 7 each time . Both times , the rollback was pretty painless , just a re-install of a couple programs . My biggest gripe , was incompatibility with some of my older games . I suppose I could maybe put XP on a separate hard drive , but then again , if Win 7 works , why do that ? The older games on Win 10 (I did sort of like Win 10) , was , in increasing brightness . I was not allowed to do so . Anything recent , no problems .
Look around you... I am everywhere!!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri May 20, 2016 8:51 pm

It is definitely all about the old games. That's why I keep my Windows 7 drive. But if you don't have that option and these games are important, then I see no need to upgrade to Windows 10. You have 3 1/2 years before Microsoft ceases support for Windows 7 and you will have to take it off-line. So, you have plenty of time to do what you need to do to keep these old games running!

Sometimes I think we gamers are a little bit nuts!! I count myself among them proudly!
Faust
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Faust » Sat May 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Makes two of us , totally nuts !
Look around you... I am everywhere!!

Return to “Technical Help”