Razer Death Adder Problems!

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Razer Death Adder Problems!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:33 am

This problem is driving me NUTS! I have wasted hours online because of this. Even though I dont seem to be touching any buttons, I keep being automaticlally back to the previous page using Mozilla Firefox. This has only been happening for the past week, so I am guessing there has been a Razer software update. I have disabled the 2 side buttons after googling this problem, but the problem persists. Someone help me out please!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Faust
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Razer Death Adder Problems!

Postby Faust » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Have you tried using another mouse , if you have one ? That could be an immediate problem solver . Just out of curiosity , which version of the DeathAdder do you have ?
Look around you... I am everywhere!!
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 pm

It might be a physical problem with the mouse.
According to some reviews at Amazon, these Razer mice don't last -- internal parts are cheap and will crack.

If you want to take it apart and check for broken bits, there are videos on YouTube showing how
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=razer+death+adder+fix
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Faust, it says Model RZ01-0015 on the bottom of the mouse. Yes, good idea, I will try my spare mouse.

middletoe, for the price you pay for a Razer mouse, you would think they would at least use better components!
Boobie
Faust
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby Faust » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:45 pm

The old 3500 dpi version , your mouse . Agree with you about better quality for the price , but that version of the DA is a bit long in the tooth . I had that version of the DA . Used it for a year , gave it to my Dad . He used it , I think 6 months , then it went bad .
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Oh really? I never knew they had such a short life span. I really dont remember when I bought it!
Boobie
Faust
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby Faust » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Hit or miss sometimes , their quality . A debate for another thread & time .
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Is this the Razer Chroma mouse you mention buying in the "Razer scroll button not working" thread from March this year?
If this is the new one, it didn't last very long at all.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:10 pm

I think she said this her her old Death Adder, not the new Chroma. My Death Adder is going on 7 years old now and nary a problem with it. Definitely the best mouse I've ever owned. I am addicted to my two side buttons.

The other question is does this happen on other web browsers? LIke Faust said, the first things is to always try another mouse. Another option would be to use your Death Adder as a plug and play... that means uninstall the Razer drivers. I haven't used them for years. I know you need them to get all the optical "goodies" with your Chroma, but you can also use your Death Adder without them. If it still does it, you can eliminate driver issues. My back and forward side buttons are getting a little erratic too, but considering how old the mouse is and how much I use them, I can't say I'm surprised!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:58 am

So, how's it going with the Death Adder?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:10 pm

I am keeping silent because there was a slight human error lol, and that's all I am saying :lol:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Oh, come on! SHARE! Maybe I won't feel so silly the next time I do something nutty!!

And I have also never heard on whether you finally got your sound issues worked out? You needed to connect to your Sound Blaster sound card... I still have the photos you sent me just in case you haven't yet.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 am

Well it was the work around that I was a dumbo with - I disabled what I thought were the 2 side buttons for the Death Adder - but only realised a bit later that I had actually disabled the buttons for the Diamondback, duh!! Now I have disabled the buttons on the Death Adder, I am no longer getting that problem.

And no, I abandoned sorting out those sound issues - will leave it for another day when my house is completely sorted - at the moment it is still in chaos with us decluttering, and of course the redecoration project!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:17 am

Well, at least you got it worked out!

Sorry to hear about the sound issues though! It's just a matter of plugging in to the correct ports on the back, but then that requires pulling the computer out and all sorts of things while you're already in the midst of chaos!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:11 am

Yes, it solved the problem although it means I cant use those side buttons any more!
Boobie

Return to “Technical Help”