Dont you just love BFG CS!

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Dont you just love BFG CS!

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm

I tried to buy BFG's Daily Deal on Sunday for £2.30 - it was getting near the expiry deadline and my internet connection was slow - when I returned to my PC, BFG had completed the purchase but had taken one of my monthly game credits as payment. I contacted BFG and because they are taking longer than usual to respond, they sent me a free game for a Collector's Edition - whoop whoop. I used the coupon to buy the latest Dark Parable CE - I am very happy :cheers:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Dont you just love BFG CS!

Postby JKEerie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Big Fish Customer Service is the very best, bar none!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:11 am

I LOVE Big Fish customer service! They are so generous with free games if there is a problem which is what keeps people coming back!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:35 pm

And I also got 3 Punches to put towards another game :cheers:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:59 pm

You must be a good customer! (cough, cough!)
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Nowhere near as good as I used to be, Drac. These days I mostly only buy the Daily Deals at £2.30, or maybe the CEs when they are half price!
Boobie
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Ooh I must check out the new BFG games, I haven't looked for a while!
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:48 am

Six days now, and still no reply from them :cry:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 am

No reply from who, RB? I thought BFG had already responded and given you a free game and punches?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Nope, what they did was give me a free game while I was waiting for their response to my query, seeing that they had such a backlog of emails, Drac.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Ah, now I see. The still haven't addressed the original problem, but took care of you while you wait! Still pretty good customer service.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Yes, sorry, I should have explained myself better in my original post - you are supposed to be so clever that you can read my mind ha ha!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:48 pm

MY BRAIN?! Ha, ha, ha!!!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 pm

I just had a problem with the Cadenza Music, Betrayal and Death game. I got a black screen with just the frozen cursor when I tried to launch it, and then an Access Violation. I tried the usual fixes from the website to no avail. I decided to check the windows event viewer to see if there was any more specific information, but it did not specify the faulty module path. So I contacted Big Fish support. They emailed me a replacement game code for a standard or CE game and referenced their website. They also offered more assistance if needed so I stayed in the queue. Well...today, I checked the Windows event log again and went back to Sunday, when I tried another one of their suggestions that didn't work. That error message indicated the faulty module was my atioglxx.dll file....my ATI Open Gl driver. That was the same issue I had back in 2014 when I tried to play the game "Fright." So, I found the old email from ATI that suggested I uninstall and reinstall the driver from the ASUS website, but run a driver sweep program in between. In that email it mentioned before reinstalling, check for Windows Updates...particularly the .NET or C++ Framework updates. Well...even though I haven't messed with my drivers since that fix in 2014, I know there have been updates to Windows as specified. So...I uninstalled and reinstalled my ATI driver (mind you ASUS hasn't provided an updated driver since December 2009) and the game is working just fine!

So...I emailed Big Fish and told them problem solved, thanked them for the free game, and suggested they mention that Windows updates CAN affect files on your computer (graphics drivers included) such that they will not work and need to be reinstalled. I see too many folks in the Big Fish forums who get error messages and meet the game requirements with updated drivers who probably have updated Windows so much, eventually it leads to a problem.

I'll let you know what Big Fish CS says if they respond.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Are you running Windows 10, JK? It will update drivers without your knowledge and sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not. I have turned off the option. I will update drives myself from the manufacturer's websites!

Return to “Casual Games”