Cannot print since Windows 10 update!

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Cannot print since Windows 10 update!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:40 am

I tried to print some documents off this morning but no luck - I am guessing this has happened since the recent Windows 10 updates! :sad:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Re: Cannot print since Windows 10 update!

Postby middletoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:02 am

The Windows 10 Anniversary update caused problems for some people, including printing.
According to this Infoworld article, and depending on what printer you have, you may be able to fix the problem by uninstalling the old printer drivers and reinstalling the latest version of the drivers. Of course this won't work if your printer doesn't have drivers recent enough to fix the problem caused by the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:49 am

It was not the anniversary update at fault, middletoe - all was working fine aftr that - it was the more recent updates this past week when I had a problem with my PC.

And now my laptop wont connect to the internet today either - grrrrr.
Boobie
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:45 am

I also had no problems at all with the anniversary update. My 5 year old printer continues to chug along. I would go into your device manager and see what it says there... right click on the start button and select Device Manager. I suspect it's a driver issue.. You might do as middletoe says and go to the manufacturer's website and see if you can download and install new drivers.

For your laptop, make sure your "switch" or "key" or whatever turns on the WiFi didn't get shut off.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:47 pm

This is really weird - both problems have sorted themselves out on their own - Now I am confused!
Boobie
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:53 pm

If they're wireless printers, I suppose something might have been interfering with the wireless signal going to the printers.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Yup, just what I was going to say!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:46 am

No, it's not a wireless printer. How strange that I can also get on the internet with the laptop today - I know I had an internet signal because my PC had no problems.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:08 am

Who knows... sometimes you THINK Windows is done doing an update, but it's really downloading something in the background! It may have been downloading updated drivers for your WiFi and your printer and just wasn't finished installing them. I had that happen with someone who called me with a problem. You can turn that driver update option off if you want to.

Return to “Technical Help”