can't play some games on Firefox

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

can't play some games on Firefox

Postby mbday630 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:37 am

I haven't changed anything in firefox, but, for the past few days I can't play Pengle or Buggle. I can play candycrush though, which is a different app - pengle is cookapp. I can play those games on Chrome though. So, what happened? Anything that I can do so that I can play all of them on firefox? I hardly use chrome, but, now to play those games and get my extra bonuses I have to use Chrome. Thanks.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: can't play some games on Firefox

Postby draclvr » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Do these games use Flash Player? If so, you need to update your Flash Player... much as I loathe it, I had to upgrade it yesterday to access something on the the internet in Firefox. FIrefox blocks old versions of Flash.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:03 am

That was the first thing that I thought of and I downloaded that and it didn't change anything. I downloaded it again this morning to see if it would work now and it will doesn't work. Any other ideas? If it were all my games I would think it would be firefox but since it is only those 2 games and I can play them on Chrome, that is puzzling.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:46 am

It sounds like Firefox is blocking something and I can't think of anything it blocks besides Flash if it is out of date. Do you get any error messages of any kind?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 am

no, no error messages. it doesn't say blocking on that thing on the top either. Sure is a puzzle since they worked last week and I didn't change anything in firefox. oh well, at least I can play on Chrome.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 am

Where are these games at... I will try to play them in Firefox and see what happens.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 pm

They are on facebook.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:23 pm

OK. So, I went to FB and found the Pengle game and it loaded and played just fine for me.

Have you tried clearing out your cache in Firefox?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:13 pm

How do I do that? Thanks. edit: I found how to do that in the advanced settings and I pressed clear and still can't play those games. It is just so funny that I can play candycrush but not them. I just get the orange first screen and then it sits there.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Very strange indeed as I played Pengle with no problems at all. Have you rebooted your computer since this started happening? And I mean doing a total shutdown and then a restart?

I notice there are game forums... have you tried posting there?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 am

Talking of Flash Player, why is it I am unable to stop the installation of McAfee and True Key whilst I am updating Adobe Flash Player? I have looked for the option not to install these extras - am I doing something wrong? It totally irritates me when software makes me download and install something I do not want!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:56 am

Are you selecting "notify me to install updates" or " allow updates to install automatically?" I can't remember exactly how it's worded. If you are notified first, then you will get this screen below. Just untick the option to install McAfee. If you have updates installed automatically, you will get the crapware automatically too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:13 am

Yes I did in fact see those options but I didnt think it would stop the McaFee and True Key from installing - seems I was wrong - I will remember this next time for sure! And what IS True Key?
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 am

Got no idea, but I found this in a Google search...

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... ology.html

If you untick the options, they will not install. Now if they DID install from another time when you didn't untick them, you will have to uninstall them first.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Sorry, I read your post in a hurry before - No I in fact did NOT get that option - what I got was a screen with 3 items on a list, none of which I had the choice to opt out of installing - sorry for the confusion!
Boobie

Return to “Technical Help”