Rosaboobie Traveling Again!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Rosaboobie Traveling Again!

Postby draclvr » Fri May 05, 2017 2:36 pm

After her huge disappointment at having to miss her Galapagos trip, Rosaboobie is in a hotel in London right now ready for a 5:30 am taxi to take her to the airport for a 14 day Alaska cruise! However, this will not be on a huge cruise ship, but on a small vessel with only 10 passengers. I think I'm as exited as she is!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Rosaboobie Traveling Again!

Postby JKEerie » Fri May 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Sounds like fun and she can always soak her feet in the cold Alaskan waters if they get too tired! :)
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:16 pm

My sister-in-law did that trip and loved every minute of it. Good to hear Rosa is on her travels again. Bon Voyage, Rosa!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri May 05, 2017 3:22 pm

This trip is definitely on my bucket list. I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri May 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I know she wouldn't mind me posting a link to her itinerary. I looked up the small vessel she will be on for 7 days - the MV Discovery. Looks wonderful!

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ap8MRiT3co_lqEW35qygxxsmIQXl
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 pm

That is so cool. My mother went to Alaska on a cruise 2 times and said it was "magical." I am so excited for her. I hope she posts some pictures. Alaska is a beautiful place.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat May 06, 2017 12:15 am

Seeing all those wonderful animals would be amazing.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat May 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Well, I have just arrived in Anchorage after a very long and tiring day. I only got 2 hours sleep last night as I was up at 4 a.m. to be ready for my taxi to take me to Heathrow - It is now 05.30 UK time, so I have been awake a total of 26 hours! I left home early Thursday morning, ferry from Sanday to Mainland Orkney, overnight in Orkney, next day flew from Orkney to Aberdeen, and then Aberdeen to Heathrow, with another overnight stopover. So it's just a quick play on the internet for me, and then its off to bed - I am too tired to even eat lol!

Tomorrow we take a trip around Anchorage and then we fly on to Cordova where we spend a couple of days before boarding MV Discovery. Obviously, once I am on board, there will be no internet connection.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sun May 07, 2017 1:14 am

Hope you slept like a baby RB! Enjoy your trip around Anchorage. :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am

I was thinking yesterday as I looked at your itinerary how exhausting all the travel must have been. Hope you can get some rest soon so you can enjoy the rest of your trip!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Mon May 08, 2017 8:29 pm

How exciting... this is one trip that is on my bucket list!!!! Looking forward to hearing how it is!!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 am

Hope you enjoyed Anchorage!

https://vimeo.com/99288663
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun May 21, 2017 9:44 am

Well, she's BACK! Hoping to hear from her here soon. Pictures will however be delayed as her luggage is still in the US somewhere!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 am

Welcome back , does this mean your camera was in your luggage??
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun May 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes I decided to travel light on the long journey home, so unfortunately I packed my camera and my binoculars into my suitcase - ho hum - I really didnt think the suitcase would get to me at Orkney Airport anyway, so I was very calm about it all - in fact Customer Services said they had never seen someone so calm when their suitcase had been lost ha ha!

By the way a few hours after we got to Seattle Airport on Thursday lunchtime, we tried searching for our flight but it had simply disappeared off the Flight Board - then someone got a text message on their phone to say our BA flight had been delayed by EIGHTEEN HOURS - We were absolutely shocked as we had never heard of such a long delay before. I then had to queue up for 3 hours while they rebooked everyone into the next Heathrow flight the following afternoon, finally arriving at our Hotel at 8.30 p.m. - we were all so shattered we just ate and went straight to bed.

Unfortunately they told me they could not get me back home until Monday morning, at which point I am afraid that I threw a bit of a tantrum, telling them a blatant lie that my Dog Sitter was leaving for her mainland home on Saturday morning, and therefore I HAD to be home by Saturday evening at the latest. They then spent the next 2 hours trying to get me home, and I had to split from my travel group and switch to Delta Airlines, flying from Seattle to Amsterdam, then on to Aberdeen and Orkney. For the final 2 journeys I had to literally run like the Devil as they had already closed the Gates. And for the Orkney plane, the plane had to wait on the tarmac just for me to board because the Aberdeen flight was very late getting in - but I am just so glad they did wait for me!

Meanwhile, the search continues for my suitcase - at this moment in time, they have absolutely no idea where it is - I thought that was the whole point of the computerised baggage tag - so that it could be tracked along the way?

Today I have been sooooo lazy and done virtually nothing but chill and relax!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”