back button doesn't work

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

back button doesn't work

Postby mbday630 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

for the past 2 days when I click on the back button/arrow, it doesn't work. I have to scroll to the top and click on an underlined item like board index or adventure or something. what would cause this? can it be fixed?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: back button doesn't work

Postby draclvr » Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 am

What browser are you using... Firefox, IE, Edge, Chrome??? Does this only happen on a certain website or does it happen everywhere?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 am

I use firefox. also, it is interesting that 3 times this morning I have had my adobe flash plug-in or something crash. would that have something to do with it? How would I fix that?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue May 23, 2017 9:58 am

Have you received a notice to update your Flash when you boot up? I got one the other day. If you haven't done it already, use the Power option to shut down the computer completely. Then reboot and let me know what happens.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 pm

it helped for a little bit when I restarted the computer and the back button worked, but, then I got something that said that something is slowing down my computer and do I want to stop it and I said yes and then the back button didn't work again.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Aha... so something is going on in the background that is slowing your computer to such a crawl that the back button isn't working. I assume this message did not identify this "something?" You can bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl/ALT/DEL) and look in your processes to see if you can identify anything that is taking up a lot of resources.

If you haven't run your anti-virus lately, I would also suggest that. A full scan with Malwarebytes would also be in order.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 am

today again the back button doesn't work. I did a virus scan, malware scan, and spyware scan. I downloaded the adobe flash player plug in yesterday too. I looked at my processes in task manager but there are like a zillion in there and I have no idea what shouldn't be there. I haven't seen this problem using Chrome so maybe I should start using that instead of firefox.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed May 24, 2017 8:19 am

Well, that's all good news. I thought you said your WERE using Firefox above?? If you had said you were using Chrome when this was happening, that would have been my first suggestion - to use a different browser. See if it happens in other browsers too.

In the processes, you don't look at WHAT is running, just at what might be showing a very large number for use of resources.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 am

yes, I usually use firefox. I use Chrome only once in a while as my cook apps don't work on Firefox to play some games. but, I have noticed that it starts when I go to Adventure Gamers. It worked first thing this morning and when I went to Adventure Gamers it stopped working. hmmmmm.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am

Hmmm... indeed. The only other thing I can think of is to clear your browser history.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:19 pm

I did that too when I did my spyware clean and stuff. It mostly seems to start when I go on adventure gamers. oh well. I can live with it, but, I was hoping there would be an easy solution.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

If it's not something in browser history or cache, the only thing I can think of is that your Firefox has gone corrupt.
I had Firefox break once. Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox didn't work. After uninstalling Firefox, I had to go into C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox and delete what was in that folder before reinstalling.

If you want to keep your bookmarks, be sure to "export" them before uninstalling Firefox and deleting the profiles.
http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Firefox
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu May 25, 2017 5:38 pm

That's why I asked if this only happens on a certain website or if it happens everywhere in my initial response... guess what! My back button doesn't work in Firefox, Edge or Chrome at Adventure Gamers either! It's obviously a fault at that website.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 am

I am glad you have that happen too. I was thinking it was my computer! Thanks!
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Fri May 26, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm not having this problem at Adventuregamers, and have no problem using the back button there. But I'm not using Windows either and that may be the difference.

Return to “Technical Help”