The problem with getting old

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

The problem with getting old

Postby mbday630 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 am

I am having a hard time remembering things lately. I started the game "Heavens Hope" about 2 weeks ago and thought I would work on it again today. But, sadly, I have no idea of what I am supposed to do or what I had talked to people about. So, I guess I will have to start the whole game over. Unless I have played a game numerous times before, I totally forget what I am supposed to do. If I don't write down stuff, I totally forget about them too. My son asked me to take his son to swimming practice and I totally spaced that off. This getting old is for the birds. Luckily, I always remember to feed my dogs though!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: The problem with getting old

Postby draclvr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 am

Oh, my dear, join the club! If I've left a game for more than a couple of days, I have no idea where I am or what I'm supposed to do. Usually my mind gets jolted by something I see or do and it comes back, but not right away! Same for when I've reading late at night. The next night I have to go back and read the last page or two to get myself reoriented again!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 pm

The problem with getting old ... is getting old!! Period! :shock:
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:08 am

This is so crazy. Seriously, I don't have any idea of what I am supposed to do in this game. I have tried going back to a saved game and it is just not ringing a bell for me. I know I can't remember crap. but, My daughter is in the hospital today and giving birth to a new grandson and I do remember that. so, the important things I do remember. getting old is not fun.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am

My latest Senior moment consists of getting excited when I spotted screwdrivers at the store, because I had been looking for one in the game I was playing! :shock:
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 am

Oh, Stella...that is priceless!!! :) Seriously, though, how many times have we done things in real life that remind us of doing something in a game?!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 am

:scratch: :roll: Oh Stella! So true!! :D
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Stella, you gave me my laugh for the day! so, I guess I am going to start this game from the beginning. Nothing, I mean nothing is making sense to me. geez. I can't remember things from a week ago????? God help me.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Stella, that just made my day! Pray tell, what game was it?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 am

Hmm. Paradigm? Sinking Island? Dark Fall? Goodbye Deponia? The Cat Lady?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 am

so, no word on my daughter giving birth. so, I started this game over from the beginning. Just trying to do something to take my mind off of this baby stuff. but, even after 10 minutes I am lost. Maybe I have that Dewey dementia? I really don't know but I know that I can't remember crap lately.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Maybe your mind is just elsewhere with your daughter?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm

yes, I am consumed with worry about my daughter - but it is more than that. Seriously, I am having such a hard time remembering things! If I don't play a game every day to remind me, I am totally lost and have lost everything that was happening. Maybe I should see my doctor. This isn't even funny at all. crap.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Then, you should definitely see your doctor... I agree. We all laugh about how horrible our memories are, but you seem to be having more problems than normal. Get there soon!!!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:14 am

No, I dont like this growing old either - but it's better than the alternative!

Drac - I am so glad that you posted about book reading because I have the very same problem and it has been really worring me - I pick up a book from the day before and my mind is blank and I too have to read the last few pages - so its nice to know I am not the only one with this problem.

What is worrying me even more is the fact that I have just found some of my classmates of about 55 years ago back in Jersey. I am so happy to be chatting with them all on Facebook. On speaking to one of them, she is telling me so many things about us all that I really dont remember. I thought that, when you started to lose your memory, you could still remember things from 50 years ago easily?

On a lighter note, my class is hoping to have a reunion this year, seeing as we are all in our 70th year - so it looks as though a trip to Jersey is on the cards.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”