Leaves, The Journey

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Leaves, The Journey

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 am

I just found this little gem of a game at Big Fish of all places. And no, it is not a HOG or any of those. This is a puzzle adventure, so if you are a puzzler, you will love this one. And yes, it's available for MAC!

http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/11743 ... e-journey/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Leaves, The Journey

Postby Kickaha » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks Draclvr!
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 am

Very pretty, very Amanita-esque! Looks as though it's available on Steam too, and there's a sequel as well!
http://leaves-game.com/
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am

If you use Steam, I'd recommend getting it there... I had a minor puzzle glitch near the beginning which was fixed with a Steam update, but doesn't seem to have been fixed in the Big Fish version. I plan on getting the sequel from Steam.

Yes, it's very Amanita-esque both in looks and sounds. I am loving it!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 am

What a great game!!! I had spotted this at Big Fish and put it on my "list." Then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, Drac! I just finished it and thoroughly enjoyed all the puzzles! I had to peak at the walkthrough for one of them as I wasn't grasping the logic. Quite honestly, after seeing the solution (the one where you have to put the 4 number symbol placques pointing in the right direction), I'm still not grasping it. Anyway, the ending was so cute!!!! ("We're soo happpeeeee...") Definitely will keep my eye out for the sequel!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:40 am

The logic of that 4 doors puzzle totally escaped me too! I realized last night that I never figured out the puzzle with the colors across the top and the ghostly figure below it. The help solution wasn't any help at all as I've already got the bean. Guess I'll have to take a look at the video walkthrough!

The sequel is already out there and I'm going to snatch it up as soon as I finish this one. I think the sequel is still only at Steam. More adventures with the little tree fruities!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Was that the puzzle with the movable stones? You get a clue along the way in the form of a palette and clicking on the head of the ghostly figure takes you to a scene where you place the palette and it gives you the order of the stones. Then you just move them around.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Yes, that's the one. I have the palette, but I just forgot to go back to the puzzle and figure it out. Thank you!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm

I bought the Leave bundle from Steam. Doesn't look like I'll need a screwdriver! :D
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Definitely not, Stella! Let us know how you like it!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Did you know there's a Leaves 2? Specially made for anyone who didn't tear out all their hair on the first one!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm

There is indeed, Diat! I'm getting the second one from Steam. Looking forward to tearing my hair out some more!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 am

Did anyone figure out the reasoning behind the little arrow puzzles? I got lucky by trying different sets of arrows back at the beginning, but not so lucky later in the game. I'm stuck till I get the right combo to open the door.

The message eating doors made me laugh, right before I did the reverse dot puzzle that took me all day to finish!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am

Is this the puzzle with 4 doors?

Oh, the reverse dots made me dizzy, but I finally got it!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:23 am

No, 1 door , but 4 arrows.

I got the one with 4 doors with shapes.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”