Kristi from credit card services

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Kristi from credit card services

Postby mbday630 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 am

I am ticked.... really ticked. They keep calling me every day and they have it figured out to use a local number. Today it was WE energies and I was expecting a call from the electric company and so I answered... and again ... "this is Christie from credit card services" I don't know how to get rid of them. I tried talking over them hanging up, yelling obscenities but nothing works and they keep changing their phone number. Somebody needs to get rid of these scammers!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Kristi from credit card services

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:33 pm

I get those calls, the resort calls, etc. The do not call list does not work. They are all recordings so you can't talk back. All you can do is hang up.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:35 pm

We are getting them too - they are spamming local numbers and one even used my own phone number. In Missouri we can report these calls to our Attorney General's office on their web page. They are very hard to pin down as they are spoofing other numbers, but I report them anyway. Maybe your state has something similar? I actually got a notification from the AGO once that one of my submissions had resulted in a huge fine against a company.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Spoofing other phone numbers? So the number caller ID reports is fake?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:40 pm

yep, the phone call numbers are totally fake. I thought it was from my electric company. I looked online and someone said that it looked like their husband was calling from downstairs. they get local numbers so that you answer and it is that frigging Kristie from credit card services. I am beyond ticked. It is to the point that unless I recognize the number, I don't answer ... but in this case from WE energies and I knew that they wanted to put in a new electric box in our yard, I thought I would answer. those SOBs are getting craftier.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm

I got a call from the place where I get my hair cut - I recognized the number and their name showed up on the caller ID. There would be no reason for them to call me, so I waited for the answering machine and they hung up.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 am

Yeah, me too. Plus on top of the telemarketing calls, I had the global tech scam calling me every half hour. It was really awful for awhile there, but with my new phones I have managed to stop most of it. Lately I've been getting crap calls from my local area.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:56 pm

It must cost them something to inflict this pain on people - not enough obviously.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 pm

I guess there are enough idiots who press 1 or whatever and then get sent to a human who then swindles them out of their money.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 pm

We were so inundated with calls from fake credit agencies that we actually went to the bother of having our phone number changed (we have a landline, btw). We had peace for approximately 2 weeks and then the calls began again! Credit agencies, duct cleaning, "a problem with your windows", etc. etc. We've stopped answering unless we know the caller, but I was amazed to find out the hospital which we were expecting to call with appointments does not have caller ID. I told them I almost didn't answer the phone and they admitted it was a problem but cited privacy laws. Still trying to work that one out!

I can easily block numbers on my cell phone and there's a long list there, but all I can do with the landline is put the number on the Do No Call List and it can take a month or more to take effect. Frustrating.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 am

Diat, I bought new land line phones and they have that call blocking feature. I got my phones at Staples, but I've since seen the same ones at Wal-mart.

So far, only that Kristi has found my cell phone.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

I think that Kristi has found my cell phone too, but, only a few people have my cell phone number so unless I recognize the number, I don't answer. I think I need to get some new phones with call blocking..... but, I don't think that would help with this Kristi girl. She poses her number as from the hospital and from the electric department. she is sneaky!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 am

Actually we used to have some fun with "a problem with your windows". We'd say "what problem, all my windows are closed" or "that's odd, I don't have a computer" or, when I was fed up "how about we just skip to giving you my bank account details and credit card number?" Unfortunately sarcasm was wasted on callers with heavy accents who said their name was Derek or Philip, etc. Yeah, right.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 am

I love that last one, Diat!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:09 am

I used to get between 10 and 15 of these nuisance calls daily - they really wound me up and stressed me out - then I bought a British Telecom phone called True Call which boasted about ending all your nuisance calls. Well I am glad to say it worked and now if I get one of these spam callers, the phone will not even ring - I had to do ssomething to keep my sanity lol!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”