Leaves, The Journey

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Leaves, The Journey

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Which door is it then? I thought the 4 doors one was a little tricky as I couldn't tell exactly which ones were behind each other!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Stella...I've yet to figure out the logic to that door puzzle. The clue, using the magnifier on the door, takes you back to the 4 doors plus the radio. Using the figures on the doors and matching them to the
symbols on the arrows, I tried to figure the relationship to the center symbol/radio and point the arrows in the proper direction. The two going left and right, make some sense, but the up and down ones don't make any sense, at least the way I'm looking at it.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Stella » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah, that's got to be the clue, but my brain isn't talking to me.

Oh, for a sledge hammer or some dynamite!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Stella...Are you still stuck on that puzzle? I can give you a "nudge" if you'd like.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 pm

That one took me a good long while too...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 am

Thanks Drac - Just downloading the demo now.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:43 am

Yes, a nudge would be wonderful. Thanks!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Okay, Stella...The symbols on the arrows are the same symbols on the 4 doors in the radio scene with wires going from "control boxes" adjacent to the doors to the radio in the middle above the doors. The upper left arrow and the lower right arrows point in the direction of the door to the radio (either to the left or to the right...easy to figure out). The other two arrows (upper right and lower left) will point either up or down...I don't know why because in my opinion the solution makes no sense. None of the 4 arrows point in the same direction.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 pm

ok, I've been switching them around, but with 2 examples I should be able to get the other 2... I hope!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Those little berries look very happy, now that I"ve managed to return all their leaves. :) I"d like to play this game again, but I don't want to do that backwards dot puzzle again.

I have to rest, before I start Leaves2!

There's a message board for this game. If interested, the clue behind the 4 door puzzle at the beginning of the game, is explained here. Bet we all saw it, but didn't (get) it! :bag
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

I agree about the backwards dots puzzle! Where is this message board? At Big Fish or Steam? I know I picked up the clue for the 4 doors early in the game... is that it?
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Steam Leaves page, top left hand side, discussions.

Early in the game hint for the 4 doors, yes. flashes, numbers, sign out front. Very clever puzzle, but I wasn't smart enough to even recognize the clue!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 pm

These puzzles are definitely very clever and tricky. Already dived into the second game and am stuck almost right away!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 am

I must be dumber than a box of rocks. I downloaded the demo from Big fish and the first puzzle with all the leaves on it and the bubble coming out - I have no idea on what to do. I have clicked on a bunch of leaves and clicked on the bubble but nothing happens. What do I do?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 am

Mbday, I must have sat there for several minutes trying to figure it out too! Finally figured out that if you move your mouse to the left side of the screen, an arrow appears and you can side-scroll to the next scene there. Throughout the game you can go right or left and sometimes down to get to another screen. Pressing the M key will bring up a map and Esc will bring up a menu including a Help option for puzzles. It took me forever to figure THAT out too!

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”