Eclipse!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Eclipse!

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Where I live was exactly in the path of the total eclipse today. We were equipped with the proper glasses and it was absolutely incredible! Spent the day with friends in the pool because it was really hot and finished it off with BLTs. Great day!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Eclipse!

Postby Diat60 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Here in Ottawa we only got about 60 percent of the eclipse. I was downtown in the tourist area and loads of people were asking each other if they could see anything. Really nothing, just seemed like it got a bit cloudy.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Lucky you, Drac. We got 70% here. We didn't have glasses so Mom and I watched it on TV. Sun was peering through the skylight when I realized it was shining right in her eyes. Fortunately she shaded herself til I could get her moved. Thought of you when they showed it over Missouri. We'll be in the path in 7 years for the next one. I'll be sure to get the glasses.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

It was so amazing when it hit totality. Even when there was the tiniest sliver of sun, it was just dim outside. But when it was in totality, it got really dark and you could see stars. For 360° around the horizon it looked like it was sunset. Just amazing. Our roosters started crowing and all the insects stopped making noise. The dogs and cats didn't seem to notice.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Stella » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am

The eclipse made our bright , sunny, hot day, turn late evening dark. After the eclipse, the day brightened some, but clouds rolled in and it became windy and cooler!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am

We were sitting out on the pool deck with some friends and when it was about 80%, the air cooled down several degrees. It had been about 94°F.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

Drac, I am so jealous that you had such a good view of the total eclipse. Nothing at all seen from here!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:49 am

I thought you'd be in the totality sweep, Drac. We had a partial eclipse here in NJ. Since we had quite a bit of cloud cover for a while, I was able to sneak a quick peek and saw a bite on the lower left side of the piece of the sun that was showing. Next time, if I'm still around, it should be a full eclipse here, so I'll be sure to have my glasses then.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Stiler
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby Stiler » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 am

Where I live we were smack right in the middle of it too (south east TN), we had no glasses though so I just looked quickly for a second or two when it was in totality.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 am

And not like your wonderful President Donald Trump did lol!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 am

He is so deranged and unhinged, it couldn't make anything worse. They said you could look at it while it was in totality, so we did the whole time. Very impressive!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”