Need a Laugh?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Need a Laugh?

Postby Diat60 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:16 pm

This one made me laugh right out loud!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Need a Laugh?

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Me too, Diat! For some reason this one I saw on Facebook just cracked me up too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Ok, you take Kevin, I'll take Neal, and we'll split the tank between us.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Sounds like a plan! The murderous scum is mine and the jerk is yours!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:05 pm

I've been binge watching past seasons of "Game of Thrones." Kevin and Neal sound like they'd fit right in!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Oh, I SO dearly love Game of Thrones! Yes, murderous scum and a jerk would fit right in!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 pm

We also have been binge watching GOT and have just watched the last episode in Season 7. Now, you all realize we are no longer in the first flush of youth (I'm 77 and he's 78). And, they say the next Season won't be out until 2018 and possibly even 2019. This is an awful long time to look forward, I just hope we make it! I just have to know what will happen to dear Tyrion and evil Cersei, to Sansa and murderous Arya and, above all, the dragons! I've made up my mind I don't like Daenyris, very silly woman.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm

In the beginning I loved Dany... not so much now though. I find Sansa to be a bit of a simpering dolt, but I have grown VERY fond of the murderous Arya! At least Sansa put it to Littlefinger!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 pm

I had just started watching GOT in Season 6. I caught up a bit of previous episodes online with synopses, etc. I'm now watching On Demand...a couple episodes per day...working out (It totally takes your mind off the exercise bike or the treadmill, so 60 minutes flies!) and then before bedtime. I'm now part way through Season 4. It's interesting watching the earlier episodes now that I've seen Season's 6 and 7. I understand more, and, like the 3-eyed raven, I know the future. I think my favorite characters are Tyrion, Davos, Brienne and Arya. Arya's especially had it rough and has learned that honor and justice don't get you far when those in power are without both. I actually just saw the Red Wedding episode and now understand how Arya's revenge against the Frey's was so appropriate. I also loved Diana Rigg as Lady Tyrell. Smart old broad.

The scenes leading up to Littlefinger's demise....I knew that Arya was cleverly setting him up and as Sansa had said, I learn slow but I learn. (Davos actually said that in Season 3.) That scene was so priceless. I knew as Sansa was reading the charges, she was going to turn to Lord Balish...and when it happened, I cheered.

It's a great show. BTW, HBO Go is releasing each Monday "The Game Revealed" which is a behind the scenes look at the actual production. It will be a 7 part series. I watched the first episode. Very interesting.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 pm

I have HBO Go... might have to check that out!

Do you think Brienne and the Hound will get together???!!!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Isn't it the guy with the Red Hair and beard that likes Brienne? Tormund? I'm presuming he made it off the wall when the dragon struck. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Secretly, I think Brienne has a crush on Jaime. They shared a lot together and she rekindled his sense of honor that disappeared under the influence of his sister, Cersei. Hence, his ultimate choosing to fight in the North over his sister's plan to conquer more of the south. You know they respect and care about each other.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:00 am

Yes, Tormund likes Brienne. I sure hope he survives the Ice Dragon! And I think she has always loved Jamie.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:42 am

Ah, Petyr Baelish - slimeball incarnate! So many great villains in the story. Lord Frey at the Red Wedding, Melisande who burnt a little girl alive, and, of course, JOFFREY!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am

And they kill off all the good guys! Eddard and Catelyn Stark for example. Although in the books, Catelyn is brought back to life after being dragged out of the water by Arya's direwolf.

Maybe we need to start a separate GOT thread since we have so many fans!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Not a bad thought, Drac. I haven't read the books, but the creators and writers of the show often discuss why they veer from the books...exchanging plot lines and characters for the sake of production value of the show. Last night I watched episode 4 of Season 4 when Brienne leaves Kings Landing in search of Sansa at Jaime's behest. He gave her armor and the valerian steal sword. Also Podrick as a squire. There was a way Jaime looked at her as she rode away that leads me to believe that he also has strong feelings for Brienne. I'd actually love to see the two of them together since she clearly brings out the best in him. Unfortunately, it will not surprise me if one or the other (or both) dies in the other's arms at the end.

I read a review of the 7th season on Yahoo. The reviewer criticized the show for the lack of deaths of main characters which was so captivating in the first few seasons. I'm thinking...who the heck is left??? If they did that, they'd have to rename it "Game of THRONE," and it would be a game of solitaire!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”