Leaves, The Journey

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Leaves, The Journey

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm

That's a bit of a pain when I only want to do part of a sentence, but I'll keep it in mind.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah, not a good option. I was just checking to see if the other ones worked.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Wheee! I finished the game and loved the ending. I managed to find all the critters, and I have the map to thank for helping me find all the leaves. That disk puzzle with the symbols and black and white squares that I mentioned before still stumped me, so I did look at the playthrough for that one. I'm hoping someone will write up a walkthrough and explain the logic behind that puzzle because I'm still not sure. I wrote down the answers and may revisit it to see if I can figure out the pattern. Anyone who likes the Amanita games will like this one.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:11 am

You are not the only one to not get the logic of that puzzle - someone over at GB said the same thing. Now, you should immediately get Leaves 2!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 am

I already have and played my trial hour. In fact, I was so into it that it surprised me when the game quit on me.

By the way, I was not able to get the hints system to work in the first game. I completed the black and white patterns, but the button never turned green. Is this the BF glitch you mentioned earlier?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:37 am

No... there is a trick to the patterns. You don't copy them. You combine black and white to make gray on your wheel if the same band on both is different. If they are both white, then you make yours white and the same for the black.

The glitch is in the cave where you do the shoes puzzle. If your do the lights puzzle first, the shoes puzzle doesn't work. The developer fixed the bug, but the version Big Fish put out didn't have the fix. That's why I purchased Leaves 2 from Steam... they will update the game if needed.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Thanks for the tip about the hints. I was treating both wheels separately but now the overlapping black and white circles as a clue makes sense.

I haven't done the lights puzzle yet, if it's the one in the little shack. I think I need a teardrop shape to get it going, which I haven't found yet. I also haven't seen any shoes, but I'll keep the sequence in mind. Right now I'm working on the rabafratzen crossnumber puzzle. The variables are giving me a headache. Just when I think I'm almost there, a combination doesn't work. I'll keep at it, but it's tedious. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about a glitch in game one. I didn't encounter it when I played it, and I'm using the BF download. I'm now well into game 2, but I'll post more in the other thread.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”