Leaves 2, The Return

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Leaves 2, The Return

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

I am a glutton for puzzle punishment! I started the second Leaves game last weekend. Very clever puzzling with some which make my brain hurt! Of course, puzzling is not my strong suit, but these are fun in a twisted sort of way!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Leaves 2, The Return

Postby Stella » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm having the hardest time with theses little arrow puzzles. At first glance they look so easy!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:00 pm

I just finished this game. Loved it! The puzzles were more involved, I think. The one with all the number sets (3, 4, 5, and 6 digits) was the toughest, I think. The in-game help was good, although it gave you the actual solution....where I would have preferred just a hint. Made the little critters happy again! I'd love to see a Leaves 3!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm with you - ready for a Leaves 3 even though the puzzles some times drive me nuts! Sometimes even the solution given in the "help" still didn't help me figure out the logic!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 am

I bought both games in the wekend BFG half price sale - will maybe play them on my Jersey break!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:59 pm

In Leaves 2, I solved the door maze puzzle with the galumphing guy, but I can't seem to find a pattern for the changeable noses on the wall in his room. I assume that when the hints section shows a big red X it means that I don't have something to solve it yet. A nudge would be nice. :)

I did finally solve the crossnumber puzzle. I used the hints but only copied down a small section and did the rest on my own. I had been off by a mile with the 6 digit numbers, which, of course, threw everything out of whack.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:07 pm

You are correct - you can't do the noses until later in the game when you pick up another item.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:42 pm

That crossnumber puzzle was a bear. I found the one place that one of the 6 digit numbers would work. It actually made it doable from there.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:19 pm

I did something similar, JK. But it was still a bear!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 am

Well, I finally sent the little guys flying with their leaves. Other than it being a bit of a pain putting in the maze codes each time, I really had fun with this one. The art is fantastic, and I really liked the music as well. It took me a while to figure out how to activate the water puzzle in the yellow hut. At first I thought the 3 items were just part of the scenery, but I guess that was the idea. It was a bit of an aha moment when I realized what I had to do. Oh, and I was so very glad that the disk puzzle with black and white squares was so much simpler this time.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:47 am

It's so nice to have a beautiful, wonderfully done puzzle game again. If Amanita put out more of them, I'd love it. My favorite of theirs is still Machinarium. I'd love to see more of my little robots.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”