Perplexed

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Perplexed

Postby Stella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:12 am

I'll start with my garbage pickup story. Three weeks in a row, I put my garbage out, only it never got picked up and the critters tore it open and scattered it around. I picked it up and re-bagged it along with next weeks garbage and the same thing happened. No pickup and ripped bag, scattered trash. Once again I gathered it up, re-bagged it, and whoopee, it happened again. With no collection and accumulating trash, I e-mailed the garbage company and asked what was going on. Told them I now had 3 large trash bags sitting there for pickup, was current in trash fees, and had put it out the night before as requested. After checking with the pickup man, she e-mails me back, telling me that the pickup man said there was no garbage set out! Hmph, not a clue as to what that was I put out 3 weeks in a row, and re-bagged to boot! He finally picked up the 3 bags, but guess what? My bag of garbage for this week is still sitting at the curb! :lol:

I have my prescriptions mailed to me. Pulled an empty, torn, plastic prescription bag out of the mailbox and thought oh boy, where are my pills? looked up the road, and there they were, by my neighbors mailbox. The lid had come off, got run over and smashed, but the pills were mostly still in the bottle. Gathered the few that had fallen out, and thought how lucky I was to have found them. Took the ripped bag, smashed lid, and open pills to the post office. There I explained what had happened, only to be told that, that never could have happened! Oh.. ok.

Next I made an eye appointment, it's been 4 years, and I probably need new glasses. But.. the eye doctor tell me I have 20/20 vision with my glasses, don't really need new ones, charges me $140.00 and I still can't see!

Which brings us to yesterday, when I picked up the cake I ordered for my husbands birthday. His name is Paul, so why did the cake say Happy Birthday Bill? :D The order was on the cake box and it did say Paul.

And then there was my prescription bill. The company billed me $70.06. I wrote the check for $70.06 and sent it in. I get a letter telling me I overpaid $1.40 and in the future, I might only want to send in the amount requested. Umm, ok.

I can hardly wait to see what happens next! :roll:
Last edited by Stella on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Perplexed

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 am

I think you have stepped into an alternative universe here!

Since we live in the country, it is impossible to put trash out in bags. One varmint or another would destroy them. We put it in a heavy duty trash can and even then we have to put a bungie strap over the lid to keep the lid on.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:44 am

I live in the country also, but our house is 1000 feet from the road. It makes it kind of rough hauling the garbage up there. I tried the garbage can thing, but cars hit them, animals knocked them over, and the garbage people tossed them wherever, usually in the road! They would rather we use garbage bags, so customer has to clean up the mess, if you ask me, and place it right at the end of the driveway. I tried placing it in the ditch, but they complained about the extra steps and bending to get it.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:10 am

Oh, good grief!! What whiners!! We finally got one on 2 wheels from our trash company, but our driveway is only about 100' long, not 1,000'! Knowing my husband who is the solver of all problems that cause extra work, he would have something semi-permanent down there he could place the trash bags in and secure the lid. Sounds like your trash guys would then whine about having to take the lid off to get at the trash bags!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:20 am

On drives through the country, I've seen big wooden lidded boxes that garbage is placed inside. Some were even in the shape of animals and quite decorative and I wish I could find a pic. Would this help? You could put a big sign on it "GARBAGE INSIDE!". And, at least if they missed you the bags would be safe inside.
Other than that I think you must have offended the gods of mischief or something. So did "Bill" like his cake?
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:10 pm

You need a fairy godmother, Stella!

Our town issues one wheeled plastic container with a lid for garbage and one for recycling to each household. They have robo lifters that grab and dump the contents into the truck.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Oh, yes... think of a pumpkin with horses taking your trash down to the road!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Oh my goodness, Stella! Do you think the universe is into practical jokes?
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:49 pm

I do like the idea of a permanent wooden trash bin, that I could put my garbage bags in. If trash pickup failed, I could hide in the field, shove in the collector, and secure it with a bungie cord. Everything would remain intact for the next weeks pickup.

Practical jokes, JK? Well, Donald IS President!

"Bill" loved his cake! And I could really not help myself, so I wrote Susan with Hershey's chocolate syrup on his vanilla ice cream!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 pm

:rofl
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:05 pm

You're too funny, Stella!
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:34 pm

I actually think of that as rather a CRUEL joke, Stella. :sad:
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:50 am

Yes, me too. :sad:

This year for Thanksgiving, I plan on giving thanks that I am not related to him.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:43 am

Same here...
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:13 am

Oh Stella - I cant believe all your misfortunes - can anything else bad happen to you???

I also have a permanent trash bin down by the roadside which has to be lashed to my fence because of the high winds here, and we also all cover our bins with heavy carpet here, anchored down by huge heavy stones, just so the seagulls and crows dont make themselves a picnic of the contents!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”