A Near Dawn - Dark humorous adventure on KickStarter +SCI-FI Update

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
LeonDaydreamer
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

A Near Dawn - Dark humorous adventure on KickStarter +SCI-FI Update

Postby LeonDaydreamer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi guys, my name is Leon (@LeonDaydreamer).
I'd like to introduce myself and my project at the same time. I'm pretty new in the Adventure Game community, though I've been an adventure game fan all my life - starting from Monkey Island 2, Fate of Atlantis, and DOTT. :)

I always dreamed of making an adventure game of my own, but at first I was bad at art, then at programming. Somehow, I now managed to put one together and kind of wound up jumping in head-first without really spending the time to discover more of the community. Like... I already released a Prologue AND started a KickStarter for my project. I've just been so driven when I began getting close to finishing the Prologue, that I pretty much allowed myself to roll down a snowy hill, and been feeling a little like a giant snowball the past few weeks. :)

I am currently working on what I describe as a dark humorous psychological thriller adventure game called A Near Dawn. It is heavily inspired by the Broken Sword (my favorite), Blackwell, and Ace Attorney series. As well as darker stories like Steins;Gate and even Twin Peaks. Here are the details about it. I hope you can check out the Prologue (available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android) and have a look at my KickStarter for it, and let me know what you think!

http://kickstarter.com/projects/1760145755/a-near-dawn-visual-adventure-game

Image Image Image

WEBSITE | KICKSTARTER | TWITTER | ITCH.IO | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR

Gameplay: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pxMfEqYmk_o
> I'm posting a tiny gameplay video foremost, because I have been told my trailer is quite confusing. :)

Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEw4sk5c5Cs

A Near Dawn is a charming yet devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes. While grounded in reality, supernatural and science fiction elements will unfold as the story progresses. The opening sees our main character - Seattle-based attorney Sam Nichols - who seems to be experiencing disturbing psychological difficulties, exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. Haunted by personal demons, with your law firm struggling and on the brink of collapse, you take the helm on an important new case involving a ruthless multinational corporation, defended by some of the vilest people you ever had the misfortune of knowing. The odds already seem stacked against you, but you will soon learn that things are not as they appear, as a deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you end up if you keep untangling the threads? You must be brave to uncover the truth.

We launched our project on KickStarter! Please take a look at our campaign and if there is anything you can do to help share or support it, we would greatly appreciate it! You can download the full Prologue for A Near Dawn free on Itch.io or Steam, or GooglePlay!

Last edited by LeonDaydreamer on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My dark fun adventure is on KickStarter [Link]
LeonDaydreamer
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Re: A Near Dawn - Dark humorous adventure on KickStarter

Postby LeonDaydreamer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi guys, I just did a really in-depth interview about my game with IndieGraze:

https://www.indiegraze.com/2017/11/10/interview-a-near-dawns-leonid-pilchin/

"... there is no question in my mind that you need something for a character to stay with your audience. Everyone knows that instinctively, if they think about their favorite characters – I mention Peter Lorre from The Maltese Falcon in my post, but I can just as easily talk about Jack Sparrow, an immensely beloved character. And probably eccentricity is not the perfect word, but definitely personality..."

It was my first interview and the questions were really detailed, so it was pretty challenging addressing all the points they raised! :)

Also, our Kickstarter Campaign is up to 50%! Which is amazing, but we will definitely need more support to reach our goal!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:30 pm

This sounds great, LeonDaydreamer! I'm off to Kickstarter to check it out!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LeonDaydreamer
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby LeonDaydreamer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:00 pm

draclvr wrote:This sounds great, LeonDaydreamer! I'm off to Kickstarter to check it out!

Thanks for taking an interest draclvr! :)
It's my first Kickstarter ever, so it's been pretty shaky so far (I have much to learn).
I'm actually thinking of changing a few things on the campaign page, so if anything pops out at you that you think can be improved, let me know!
LeonDaydreamer
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Re: A Near Dawn - Dark humorous adventure on KickStarter +SCI-FI Update

Postby LeonDaydreamer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:51 pm

For our Kickstarter Update #10: Mysteries and Science Fiction in A Near Dawn - well, like it says, I talk about some of the mysteries and science fiction in our story! I also mention another of my major influences (can you guess what it is?).  :)

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”