Text Walkthroughs

Check here for the lastest news in adventure gaming: New releases, publisher or developer info, or great buys.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Text Walkthroughs

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 am

I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate video walkthroughs. Yes, sometimes they are handy, but in general I'd much rather read a walkthrough if it turns out I need one. I try to avoid them, but sometimes... well, you know how it goes! Well, here you go!

PC Games Text Walkthroughs

Marinus_Louis, a member over at Gameboomers, recently posted this link to his website. It is an absolute treasure trove of text walkthroughs that are really well-written. However, they are in Dutch. I installed Google Translate as an add-on in my Firefox and it translates the entire page quite nicely. I just used his walkthrough of Tormentum-Dark Shadows to get through a sticky place which none of the other walkthroughs did.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: Text Walkthroughs

Postby Val » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am

Agree with you Drac. It is normally a puzzle which will send me to a walkthrough and I much prefer just the explanation (preferably with an illustration) that one gets with the text walkthough.
Have spent time on endless pauses and restarts on a video before I can actually 'see' where I am going wrong. Thanks for the link - will definitely try him out next time. Just finished the new 'Inner World The Last Wind Monk". Would have definitely helped at one stage. :)
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 am

thanks for this! I don't like video walkthroughs and just prefer a text so this will be so helpful. Now to brush up on my Dutch!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Just use Google Translate, mbday!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:13 pm

I will have to do that. I am of Dutch heritage but pretty much I just learned the naughty words. My parents would talk it if they didn't want us kids to know or understand. but, that is when a kid really wants to figure it out!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

I remember some Norwegian being spoken behind our backs when I was little!

Return to “Latest News”