Happy Halloween!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Happy Halloween!

Post by draclvr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:40 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! [smilie=witch1.gif] [smilie=feiertag-smiley-004.gif] [smilie=feiertag-smiley-015.gif] [smilie=feiertag-smiley-019.gif]
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by Val » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:23 am

Hey Manorites Enjoy!! We don't celebrate it here much, but always agog at the goings on over the pond. We do occasionally have youngsters from around the block coming for some treats, but when they grow up things are dead. Haven't had anyone a-knocking at my door for 4/5 years now. Still have some fireworks on 5 November - Guy Fawkes Day but nothing like it used to be. Things change.
Happy Halloween!!

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:47 pm

So far we've had a little girl hot dog and a boy superhero from across the street show up at our door, but no one else yet. We usually get 15-20 kids every year, so we'll see what happens as it gets darker.
Sorry, Santa! I meant to behave, but there were too many options.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:59 pm

One thing I miss out here in the country is that there are no trick or treaters!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am

I got 68 kids last night, and it was a rainy night here. Lots of really little ones with their parents. Some bigger kids later in the evening. Lots of animal costumes this year. Most creative was a girl dressed as a milk carton. Scariest was a young man dressed as a ghoulish nun. I told him "You're either the scary nun I've seen in the latest horror flick trailers, or my 5th grade teacher. I can't quite place you."

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:05 pm

We had a total of only 12 kids this year, so I have way too much candy left over. I'm putting it in a corner of my pantry so it's out of my line of sight.
Sorry, Santa! I meant to behave, but there were too many options.

Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by Phlebas » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:30 am

At my old house the trick-or-treaters tended to be vaguely menacing teenagers and I was always tempted to pretend not to be in, but where we live now has more young families and we get lots of adorable little monsters. Trick-or-treat time is around Esther's bedtime, though, so we didn't put out a pumpkin or anything to encourage callers. But a couple of groups who actually know us came to the door so I was glad I'd made sure we had some sweeties in!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:05 am

And next year Esther can go trick or treating!