The Recipe Exchange.

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
GreyFuss
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

The Recipe Exchange.

Postby GreyFuss » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:39 pm

Have a great recipe you would like to share? Post it here.

Need a great recipe? Ask for it here.
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks GF.
Sophie
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Sophie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks GF.
You asked about Chocolate Soup. If you go to The Chocolate
Forum, scroll down to " Is That True ?? " and you will find that
Ti'chelle has the answer. :)
In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away...Anonymous
Maid Of Mystery
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby Maid Of Mystery » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:35 am

There used to be this simple recipe on either the Cambells soup can, or Stove Top Stuffing box ( Or both - just different ) to make chicken with the crunchy top, and the soup, was it cream of mushroom?? I lost mine! Anyway, we eat alot of chicken, and i try to make it different as often as i can. So any SIMPLE recipes having to do with chicken, is very welcomed!!! I stress simple because I am not a gourmet!!! :D Thanks all!
Tichelle
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Tichelle » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:45 pm

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/

http://www.kraftfoods.com/stovetop/

Here ya go. Maybe it is on one of these sites.

I am always looking for recipes on the net.
(Wants to move to Hershey, PA.)
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Have you tried this?

Skin chicken, coat with mayonnaise, roll in crushed Ritz cracker crumbs and bake.
Maid Of Mystery
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby Maid Of Mystery » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Thank you Tichelle!!! I'll print that out!!! Thank you Angelfire! Sounds delicious! :D
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:05 pm

I will come up with one-- but I had to laugh at who started this--- take out chicken man himself :lol: :lol: :lol:
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:43 pm

It's too bad we lost the old Cave Party thread. That turned into a huge recipe thread! It must have been lost during the hijack or maybe it's just too old. I think it was back in 2005.

Melia must post her New Year's Day Black Eyed Peas recipe. I've got it somewhere and can't find it.

Here is a very easy, very quick one even your kids will like.

Tater Tot Casserole

1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1 small onion diced
1 - 2 cups frozen corn (or whatever veggie your kids will eat)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can water
1-2 lb bag frozen tater tots

Brown the burger with the onion, salt and pepper to taste
Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish
Spread the veggies over the meat.
Mix the soup and water and pour over the meat and veggies.
Completely cover the top with the frozen tater tots and bake at about 350 degrees until it's all hot and bubbly - maybe 45 minutes.
Last edited by draclvr on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm

I tried something new this year with a couple of 5 gallon buckets of jalapenos at the end of the season. I made chipotles from them. I smoked them for about 4 hours in a smoker with different woods - wild cherry from the pasture, sassafras, mesquite and hickory. Then I dried them in the dehydrator. WOW! Just excellent, but for some reason much hotter than just a plain jalapeno. This is one of the best things I made with them - didn't sound good at all when I was making it, but turned out just spectacular. And I left out the half and half as just too over the top so it's totally non-fat if you're dieting.

White Chipotle Chicken Chili

1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 3/4 lb), cut into 1-inch chunks
2 tsp ancho chile powder
2 tsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper
3 cans (14.5-oz size) white kidney or cannellini beans, drained (save 1/2 cup draining liquid) and rinsed
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1 tsp canned chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
1/2 cup nonfat half-and-half, if desired
Garnished cilantro leaves

I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Warm oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes, stirring. Push onion mixture to one side; add chicken to skillet; sprinkle mixture with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring.

2. Increase heat to medium-high. Add 2 cans of the beans and draining liquid, 1 ¼ cups broth, and chipotle; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

3. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 can beans and ¾ cup broth in bowl of food processor. Puree until smooth. Add to soup in pot, along with half-and-half. Simmer a few minutes, stirring, until warmed through and flavors incorporated. Serve hot; garnish with cheese and cilantro.

*I used 2 tsp of my dried ancho chilies, 2 tsp of cumin powder and 2 small dried chipotles. I put it all in my little spice/coffee grinder and ground down to a rough powder and sprinkled over the chicken pieces while they were cooking. The aroma was to die for!
Last edited by draclvr on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:06 pm

And a little something for the "season" from Emeril Lagasse's recipies. I'm requested to make this every year. It's well worth the time and is really pretty easy.

Andouille Sausage, Red Beans and Rice

* 1 pound dried red beans
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 cup chopped yellow onions
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/2 pound andouille or other spicy smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 2 bay leaves
* One 1-pound ham hock
* 2 to 2 1/2 quarts Chicken Stock or
* canned low-sodium chicken broth
* Perfect Rice, hot

In a colander, rinse the beans under cold running water. Discard any broken beans or pebbles. Transfer the beans to a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Soak for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Or, bring the beans and enough water to cover by 2 inches to a boil in a large pot over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and cover tightly; let stand for 1 hour.

Heat the oil in a large heavy stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the sausage, salt, Essence, cayenne, black pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Cook, stirring often, until the sausage is browned, about 4 minutes. Add the ham hock and cook for 2 minutes.

Drain the beans and add to the pot. Pour in enough stock to cover by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about 2 hours. Remove and discard the bay leaves.

Mash about one-fourth of the bean mixture against the side of the pot with a heavy spoon to thicken the juices. Remove the ham hock. Let cool slightly. Slice the meat from the bone, discarding the skin and bones. Return the meat to the pot and heat through.

Spoon the rice into bowls and top with the beans.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:34 am

Sure am glad to see that some people other than those from Hawaii have their Chili over rice, no other way to really cool it down. Drac, my chili has always been good, but since I have added your spices, I get more raves than ever. I just throw in a little bit of this and a little of that, then taste. It hasn't ever gotten too hot, but did get close once, for the kiddoes anyway.
GreyFuss
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby GreyFuss » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 am

Attention!
Everyone Must Read!

Due to concern for the health of our Members here at Mystery Manor, new rules have been implemented for the 'Recipe Exchange Forum". The new rules are as follows:

Before posting your recipes you must first prepare a very large batch of whatever it is you wish to share with the others and ship it to our Official Tester (currently GreyFuss) at your expense. Only upon completion of a thorough and professional testing procedure, and assuming the test results are positive, will you be given permission to post. Also note that a second batch might be required of you before the final permission is granted.

Please PM the Director of Testing for details in the preferred shipping method. Your cooperation is appreciated in this matter.

GreyFuss
Director of Testing
Mystery Manor
Maid Of Mystery
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby Maid Of Mystery » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:34 am

Image Image Image UPDATE!!!!! Since Mr. GreyFuss is incredibly busy with various duties here at the Manor, i have volunteered to be the official taster of everything cooked and baked!!! sO SEND EVERYTHING MY WAY FROM NOW ON! :D
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:14 am

You forget, Mr. Smarty-Pants GreyFuss--- I actually have your snail mail address. He, he, he! Just wait until you get a package of nice spicy food in the mail! :twisted:

Hawka, I was wondering what you were doing with all those dried chilies! I don't think you got any of the chipotles though. I think I made those after I sent your box. This year I started 12 giant jalapeno plants, so there will be lots more!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”