Alice and the Jabberwock

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Alice and the Jabberwock

Postby hawkavonpuka » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:31 pm

This battle is horrible, I either burn to a crisp or fall off the edge running away. Maybe it is too early in the day for me to play. Is there a cheat for this game?
edit:
Nevermind, found the cheat for God mode, did the battle, got the save now I want to try without God mode and I can't turn it off. I suppose I could just cancel the console. I don't want to stay in this mode for the rest of the game. Arrggh
edit:
I got it you just type "God" again. I did defeat the Jabberwock though and am moving on. Got the blunderbuss and need to find the wall, why can't I find the blinking wall. Grrh
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Alice and the Jabberwock

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Well, I was just going to tell you all of the things you just did! Good that you found the blunderbuss... Good luck on finding the wall!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Getting closer to the end and the battles are tough, had to use some cheats. The vapors always do me in, so I used "noclip", took it off as soon as I landed, before I went through the floor. It is really a strange cheat. I did the same with the rooms full of all the huge gears, I was just over jumping, my jump thumb was starting to get really painful, so up up and away. I used "God" with the $%^%#@ Jabberwock, cried over the Griffin and am about to enter that queens whatever it is. I got killed the first time. I have used soooooo many saves, it is called creep ahead, save, kill, creep, save. I have gotten pretty good at running up to the enemies, whacking them with the jacks, hiding behind a blob of ice, or running back to boulders to recharge. Draclvr I give you credit for playing this in anything besides "easy", I would have given up a long time ago. Hopefully I will be able to finish up tomorrow, yikes I still have the router to install. Today I spent, besides Alice, setting up the set of five phones for the house, moving over the phone numbers and figuring out what does what so I can explain it to hubby, groan.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

The first time I played Alice, I was totally like you - save, kill, creep, save! I'd have never made it through on anything but easy. The second time, I had a better handle on it and tried the next level. I can't imagine how bad the nightmare level must be! I must try it sometime just to see...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 am

:eek :eek :eek
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Finished it this morning, used God mode to finish off the Queen cause I wasn't in the mood to die over and over again. I wonder if the next Alice coming is going to be this difficult.

Now it is time to go back to Morrowind, the Cliff Racers will seem like a piece of cake to me now.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm

No kidding about the cliff racers! And if I remember, I used godmode to kill the queen off the first time I played too...

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”