The Mystery Box

General discussions about anything and everything related to books and reading.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Re: The Mystery Box

Post by Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:10 am

Well I finished this book in just 3 sittings. What an intriguing tale it was - nothing like the books that I usually read.

Now........ what to read next :cool:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:59 am

Anyone read The Mystery Tomb by the same author? I got an email today from Eva Pohler saying:-

"If you read and enjoyed The Mystery Box, you might like The Mystery Tomb. It's about Samantha Beck and Rebecca Nisha—two women born twenty-five years and hundreds of miles apart, yet joined together by a shocking family ritual. When Samantha discovers the remains of an ancient tribe in Pennsylvania, she expects to at last prove her grandmother’s Native American ancestry and to make a name for herself as a budding archaeologist. She does not expect to make an enemy and a lover of a fellow descendant—son of Rebecca Nisha—who unwittingly wears a necklace made of his dead mother’s bones.

As the novel unfolds, alternating between Samantha’s story and Rebecca’s twenty-five years before, Samantha becomes more and more determined to discover the devastating mystery that estranged Rebecca’s wealthy Pennsylvania Dutch father from her half-Native American son. Samantha gradually uncovers a troubling secret and decides to risk everything—love and career—to restore harmony to Rebecca’s family.

For a limited time, you can get The Mystery Tomb for $2.99"
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:37 am

That sound pretty intriguing... might have to check it out tonight.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.