missing dll

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
greatsmitty
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

missing dll

Postby greatsmitty » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I am reinstalling win 7 and dl 2 games from telltale games they dl to my desktop but said I was missing d3d9-41.dll I google that item but could figure what dl.can someone dl it send to me my e-mail is greatsmitty2004@yahoo.com thank you
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Re: missing dll

Postby Phlebas » Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 am

Assuming you mean D3dx9_41.dll, it's part of Microsoft's DirectX library so you'd do better to reinstall or update DirectX rather than just a copy of the DLL.

You can find some instructions and advice here:
https://www.lifewire.com/fix-d3dx9-41-d ... rs-2623286
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am

Usually when a game which needs a specific DirectX version, it installs that version during the game installation. You say you downloaded these two games to your desktop - but have you actually installed them to your computer?

If you have actually installed the games, then try Phlebas' link.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Fri May 19, 2017 11:47 am

Some people have reported that they had to disable their antivirus before re-installing DirectX in order for the dll to be installed properly.

Return to “Technical Help”