Going to a School Reunion!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Going to a School Reunion!

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:18 am

Well, I found out something by chance a couple of weeks ago - I saw a post on Facebook that my old school classmates were planning a School Reunion, seeing that this year we had or were about to reach the ripe old age of 70!

I have reacqainted with many of my former friends on Facebook after 55 years of no communication but some of them have really not changed much at all in appearance, and so I am off to Jersey on 20th September for just a flying visit of 5 days. I have rented a gorgeous self-contained Apartment in the middle of the rural countryside, rather than a Hotel, and this means I dont have to dine out alone - I can just buy convenience meals and take aways and eat in the comfort of my own space. Unfortunately 10 of the original 36 have passed, which is all very sad.

I have already booked the face lift in before this Reunion next month ha ha. I AM unfortunately looking older this past year as I lost about 22 lbs in the past year, and it has left me with a sagging neck, which although I am not vain, I am quite self conscious about - this is the downside of losing weight when you are older I am afraid but I do feel so much better at my new weight and I have managed to keep my weight down for a year now, although I find it a constant battle as I do like a little drinkie now and again, although I now only allow myself a drink on Saturdays and Sunday.

So, it's all systems go for next month with a lovely lunch with all these marvellous people - zimmer frames optional ha ha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Going to a School Reunion!

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 am

I went to my 50th reunion a couple of years ago - such fun! But I did have to think, "How did I get to be one of these old people!"

Have fun at your reunion, Rosaboobie!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 am

I hope you have fun RB. I went to only one class reunion and it wasn't fun at all so I am sure I will never go again.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 pm

I had my 50th high school reunion last fall. There were nearly 500 in my graduating class (1966), but still a lot of people couldn't or didn't want to come. We still had a great time.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes I do know what you mean mbday about some not actually being fun at all - but I am pretty confident a good time will be had by all, and we will probably all end up with jaw ache - I have already caught up with the detailed lives of some of my classmates, and it seems they have all led happy lives with very long marriages - it looks like I am the only one who does not have a Partner lol.

Well LK there are only 26 left of us out of a class sof 36, so for sure it will not be a big crowd - just small and imtimate.
Boobie
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Good for you RB! Enjoy this reunion!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Was this an all girls' school, RB? So, will it be a gaggle of graduates? Be careful of the "spirits", hotels usually have lots on hand.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:22 am

Enjoy RB!! Am sure you will have lots of laughs about things past. :)
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Yes, Rouge Bouillon was an all girls school - It has been lovely catching up with my old classs mates on Facebook these past couple of weeks - only one other travelling to Jersey like me - all the rest still live there!
Boobie
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Just 10 days to go - I can't wait - I am really looking forward to this little break - Not been to Jersey for 5 years now, and this will probably be my very last visit there!
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”