Post Your Movie Reviews

Discuss your viewing preferences here!
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Post Your Movie Reviews

Postby Caroline » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Let's spread the news about which movies to see and which to avoid.

I saw Kingsman 2 last night and it was quintessential British silliness at its finest. Cartoon gore, fantastical gadgets (most of them American) stereotypes, both American and British and a lot of tongue in cheek heroics. I love movies that make me laugh and this was certainly one of those. I love spoof movies and this ceertainly takes a poke at James Bond, The Avengers and American cowboy culture.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Post Your Movie Reviews

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Caroline,
We have a tv and movie review section further down in the forums. I'm moving this down there.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Post Your Movie Reviews

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 am

Hubby and I stay home on Saturday night... I cook a good meal and then we watch a movie on the Pay-Per-View option with our satellite TV. But we haven't had time since summer and gardening hit us! I'll try to remember some of them we watched last spring. A couple were real stinkers.

My ISP just installed upgraded wireless broadband equipment on their tower, so I now have much faster high speed internet plus a very generous data cap of 100GB a month. So, we now have Netflix and are absolutely loving it. We just watched the excellent series Ozarks set right here at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. An investment broker is forced to move there with his family and launder half a million dollars for a drug cartel. Really good series. We're watching the Netflix series Narcos right now which is about Pablo Escobar and the Cali drug cartels in Mexico back in the 70's and 80's. Pretty violent and bloody, but fascinating. Someone for the series was scouting out locations in Mexico for the 4th season and was murdered. They think it may have been Escobar's brother who is suing Netflix.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Movies & Television”