Paradise Lost!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Re: Paradise Lost!

Post by Rosaboobie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:02 pm

"RaytheBear RB, I have to ask: How is the Internet connection there? Is it the same or better? I am sure that is the least of your concern but I am just curious.
Again, best of luck and congrats on your new home, may it be the last move, but again as you said earlier, "Nothing is Ever permanent"...
Dont worry, Ray, that was the very first question I asked the first time I viewed the house - what is the internet connection and mobile phone signal like ha ha. Although I have rarely had a problem with my internet connection on my little island, apparently its far superior in the new house. When I rented the cottage for two months in Rogart recently, I felt extremely vulnerable as I had virtually no mobile signal, and there was no land line!

And yes, legal paperwork is all completed and apart from handing over the purchase funds at the end of May, I can now say that the house is mine. The present owners are now frantically scouring the whole of Scotland looking for a new home, and they only have 6 weeks to find one - I dont envy them at all!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Re: Paradise Lost!

Post by Rosaboobie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Val wrote:I have moved further down the Peninsula nearer the sea and just around the corner from my son and his family, RB! The move was chaotic but went well and by the following lunchtime, all was packed away and boxes removed! My family were brilliant. I am now in a retirement village in a first floor unit with the most fabulous views of the mountains from both sides and beautiful gardens all around. Everyone is very friendly and I am sure I will be happy here.
Oh Val, that sounds absolutely wonderful - I am so very very happy for you x x
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!