The Recipe Exchange.

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: The Recipe Exchange.

Postby Diat60 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks, Drac. I just bought some stewing beef so Stroganoff it is. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:07 am

Oooh, those are great recipes Drac. I have not done Chicken Hunter Style for many years, but I will cook it today, yummy.

Diat, I now use my slow cooker most days for just about everything. I have just been introduced to lentils (yes, I know, rather late in life LOL) and I made a scrummy carrot and lentil soup yesterday.............so delicious and just right for these cold Sanday days!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Carmilla
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Carmilla » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:18 am

I bet your friends are raving about your sweet chili sauce draclvr!
I couldn't find enough time to cook it yet, but I'm one step ahead: I found the missing ingredient in an old grocery! Now I have a beautiful metal box filled with smoked hot paprika made in Spain: "El avion's Pimenton picante ahumado". It tastes and smells delicious!!!
I can't wait for the moment to use it in the recipe, but I'd rather be patient because making it in a hurry would take off all the amusement. Cooking has to be fun as well :)
"A poet once said, 'The whole universe is in a glass of wine.' (...)"
Richard P. Feynman
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:23 am

The sweet chili sauce is easy, easy, easy. You put all the stuff in a pan or a pot and put it into the oven for 2 or 3 hours. Then you just sit back and enjoy the smells as it cooks down!

I think I'm going to grow Fatalii peppers next year just so I can make that sauce using pears...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Carmilla
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Carmilla » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 am

I've done it at last!!! The day before yesterday I prepared the sliced tomatoes with sugar and yesterday I cooked the heavenly smelling sauce! It's gorgeous!

It's very easy to prepare, you are right dracvlr, but for me this recipes require additional time, as my best friend has a health problem with seeds of any sort and I have to clean tomatoes and peppers of any single seed....

While the sweet chili sauce was in the oven I prepared Fatalii with pears as well, and I recommend it to you! I used fresh pears called Angelys, or "Winter Decana": http://www.freshplaza.it/article/60081/ ... re-Angelys (sorry the article is in Italian), and the flavour of the sauce is fantastic!

Thanks again for sharing the recipes!!! :)
Richard P. Feynman
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 am

It does make your kitchen smell heavenly! I can't wait until next year to grow the Fatalii peppers. They also have a Facebook page with lots of information. Happy yummy eating!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Carmilla
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Carmilla » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 am

Thanks!!! Yum-yum :D
And I'll drink a toast to you and MM :drunken:
Richard P. Feynman
Carmilla
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Carmilla » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:46 am

I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to thank again draclvr for the recipe of the sweet chili sauce... I'm giving some little jars as presents and making happy a lot of friends with it :D
With the toughest friends I'm sharing the fatalii with pears sauce, which is much hotter, and they are happy too!

Even if it's not the right topic I want to wish all the friends in the Manor beautiful holidays and a fantastic New Year!
I hope to have an easier time in 2015 and come to visit you more often, maybe posting another little game...
Be happy all of you!!! :rendeer:
Richard P. Feynman
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 am

Thank you Carmilla, and the same best wishes to you too :cheers:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:43 am

Thank you, Carmilla. And what a great idea to give the sauce as small gifts! My friends have all loved it too and want more!

Best wished to you for the holidays and we hope to see more of you next year!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:27 pm

So, I dug back to 2007 in this thread and found Melia's recipe for Texas Style Black-Eyed Peas and made them for the American Legion on New Year's Day. HUGE hit as usual! Had 2 guys ask for the recipe!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:37 am

What would the Legion do without your cooking skills!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:08 am

They say the same thing, Rosaboobie!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I posted this one on the "Baking Forum" the other day, so if anyone reading this thinks it's familiar I guess you're a fellow member.

I had unexpected company for dinner the other night and was wracking my brains for something I could make for dessert to go with the spaghetti I'd made. Then I remembered that I had fresh frozen blueberries and frozen puff pastry in the freezer. So while the pastry thawed (about 2 hours) I mixed a cup of sugar and some flour with the berries and let them stand. Then I rolled out the pastry, cut it in rectangles, plopped a spoonful of berry on each piece, pinched them closed (I definitely need some more practice pinching!) and baked them at 400 for about 20 minutes. Served them warm with aerosol whipped cream and they were messy and delicious. What more could you ask - easy, fast, delicious?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Now THAT is my kind of baking! It always pays to have some goodies in the freezer and on the shelf.

I've been cooking like mad since 9:00 this morning. We're having our annual Halloween bonfire and hayride tonight. I made a big roaster of regular chili and a crock pot of my white chipotle chicken chili. There will be the usual hot dogs over the fire, S'Mores and other goodies. I always make a big batch of caramel popcorn, but this year kicked it up a little bit by add a whole bunch of my own spiced apple chips that I do in the dehydrator. to the popcorn before I poured over the caramel sauce.

Still need to brew up a batch of liquid "apple pie" and then I'm done!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”